Plugin Contributions

Default error on shipping page related to text attribute

I just started getting this error that I've never had on my site before. It shows up on the front-end where the shipping estimator should be, and on the checkout_shipping page.

1054 Unknown column 'poval.products_options_values_quantity' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, poval.products_options_values_quantity, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_options popt, products_options_values poval, products_attributes pa where pa.products_id = '338' and pa.options_id = '21' and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id and pa.options_values_id = '0' and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id and popt.language_id = '1' and poval.language_id = '1']

This seems to only happen when I have the "optional personalization" attribute selected, which is a text attribute with a cost attached.

Customers can't check out right now with this attribute, and they probably lose all confidence in my biz if they see this error. Any suggestions what could be causing this? I'm not sure which file to look in for line 1054...

I'm using zen 1.3.8a, MySQL 5.0.81

My host just ran some upgrades, and I'm wondering if that could be related?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error on shipping page related to text attribute

You appear to be using an Add On as that is not a standard field that comes with Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You appear to be using an Add On as that is not a standard field that comes with Zen Cart ...
    I have a lot of add-ons on my site, but most of them have been there for quite awhile. I think the last thing I added was Wordpress, but that's still not set up completely correctly and I'm not using it yet. I don't think it would be related. I thought maybe the Stock by Attributes add-on might be getting confused by those text attributes, but I deleted any with the text attribute that were using Stock by Attributes, and no change. The only other add-on related to Attributes is just the simple fix that makes it easier to select - shows only attribute values for the attribute name you select, and allows you to select more than one value at a time (forgot what it's called).

Since this seems to come up on the shipping pages, I use UPS, free shipping by order total, and a flat rate table. Do you know which file it is referring to when it mentions line 1054? Or is there an easy way for me to search for the field through phpMyAdmin to maybe find out what add-on it's coming from?

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... and in the bottom input box search on:
    products_options_values_quantity

Select the Catalog ... Click the Search ...

This will show you all files that use that and maybe if you edit the file you can see the add on that uses it or possibly you would be able to compare that file(s) to the original to see how to fix it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Go to the Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... and in the bottom input box search on:
    products_options_values_quantity

Select the Catalog ... Click the Search ...

This will show you all files that use that and maybe if you edit the file you can see the add on that uses it or possibly you would be able to compare that file(s) to the original to see how to fix it ...
    Thanks! Now I feel silly. I used to use the Developer's Toolkit all the time, but it's been awhile and I've been working more on non-zencart sites. I should have thought of that! I'll let you know how it goes.

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to let you know I found the problem. It was caused by mixing up two add-on modules: Attributes Separate Stock, and Stock by Attributes.

I am using Stock by Attributes, but it was not deducting products sold from the stock on hand. When I tried to fix it, I accidentally used a file from the Attributes Separate Stock mod instead. It turns out that the latest download of Stock by Attributes is actually missing the file includes/classes/order.php to merge with the original zen file. I found the correct version by taking the previous Stock by Attributes download, the one with the MultiAdd function added in. With the testing I've done so far, it looks like everything's working.

Thanks for your help.