Plugin Contributions

Default adding multiple images (need help with FTP)

Oh god please someone help me! I am desperate to add multiple images to my shop! I have read all of the threads and to be honest with you it is nearly midnight and all i have managed to do is confuse my self more and get a headache lol

I am not very good with computers and had a web designer set up my site initally! Now the rest is up to me! Please could someone humour me and give me a very basic step by step guide how to add more images!

I went to catalog then catagories/products then I have tried to add file image names all over the place to know avail! I got lost after that bit! I have files called a bugs life all over the place!

You would make a blonde girl very happy!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: adding multiple images

Maybe you should use the Imagehandler 2 modules that allows you to add more images for a product. Otherwise you can only add them manually to the folder where the first image of your product is located. Here is a detailed instruction.

Plugin Contributions

You will find the naming convention - and lots of other information about multiple images - at https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=58
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

I have tried the bugs life instructions! Not sure where i create the file! Do I go into an actual product! I sell fetish items so would I go into catalog then catagories/products then say I went into a product like adult baby highchair then into edit. I can upload a single image there which appears on the site! is it this page that I can upload exra images?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Out-of-the-box, Zen Cart v1.x doesn't allow you to upload multiple images via the admin. Instead, you simply use your FTP program to upload the already-correctly-named additional image files to the appropriate folders, as per the instructions in the FAQ article afo mentioned. In most cases it's actually way faster to do it that way anyhow.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just want to explain the reason why I didn't understand! As I said before I did not set up zen cart nor did I down load any of it on my computer it was all done by my web designer! He then gave me a password to log on to shop/admin where I could change items and prices!

When i emailed him and asked him what a ftp was he logged me on to filezilla so I could access the ftp (still unsure what this is) hence paying him lol

because it is accessed through filezilla i am guessing the files aren't showing the same as everyone elses so hey guess what I am still confused lol

I so wanted to do this by myself! But my computer knowledge is so limited I would need a real baby step by step guide! I have found the file admin! So that is a start!

Thank you for so desperatly trying to help me!

You have been stars

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: adding multiple images (need help with FTP)

Upload the additional images to the images folder. If you have medium (_MED) and large (_LRG) images, upload those to the images/medium and images/large folders.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey