Plugin Contributions

Adding new banner problem

Hi !

I installed the Zen-Cart with the Demo and are trying to learn about the banners. In Banner Manager, I click on 'New Banner', fill in all the information, put Wide-Banners, trying to download an image using Browse and upload the picture to /banner (also tried /test) but when I save, the picture doesn't show in /banner (or /test), I have to put the picture there manually and put the correct path on the row below. Howcome ?

When I want to see if the banner works, it doesn't show. The only thing I can see is the HTML-text. What am I doing wrong ? The path to the pic is correct, the size is the same as the others (like zencart_468_60_02.gif) but still nothing...

However, if I EDIT and modify an existing banner setting, change the text everywhere, change the image name from i.e. zencart_468_60_02.gif to my_pic.gif, put the image where it suppose to be manually and save, it works.

All settings are the same as the default installation with the Demo. I am using XP, ZC 1.3.0.2.

Please, need help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding new banner problem

Wow, found the problem and I feel like a jackass. If I have text in 'HTML Text' field, the picture doesn't show, only the text. But if I delete the text, everything works fine. If it's suppose to be like this, great, then I know ...

However, the other problems are still here. Please let me know how to solve them...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding new banner problem

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Wow, found the problem and I feel like a jackass. If I have text in 'HTML Text' field, the picture doesn't show, only the text.
    Man, I was puzzled for months! Confusing design.