Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How can I limit one items quanity as one per customer?

I want to sell an item as a one time sale in my store but I want to limit this one item. I only want to sell one per customer. Everything else in the store they can purchase as many as they want.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I limit one items quanity as one per customer?

if you go into your catalog, than categories, select the product you want to limit, you will find an option "Product Qty Maximum:"

If you set this to "1" the customer should only be allowed to buy one of this specific product...
    Tienda Virtual de relojes innovadores / Online store for innovative watches:

WWW.MUNDOUNIK.COM

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much.

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: that prevents more than 1 per order but will not stop them from buying again in another order ... is that a problem?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    NOTE: that prevents more than 1 per order but will not stop them from buying again in another order ... is that a problem?
    Yes it could be a problem. Is there any other way of doing it without going in and doing some coding?

Plugin Contributions

Afraid not ... in order to check that the customer only buys 1 for forever ... you would need to add some custom code to check the orders_products table for the customer to see if the product is already ordered and if so, disable the Add to Cart for it ...

This is not impossible to do, but it will require custom coding ... have you got your coder's hat on?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Would there be a way to set this as a default so it dopesn't have to be manually done with each new product. i have had 2 orders this week with customers ordering the same product twice[and they are digital products]. I have default as no quantity box so they must have placed in the same cart twice. I would love to be able to set so they cannot order more than 1.

Plugin Contributions

Again, you would need to customize the code to check the customer's previous orders to see if a product has been purchased before ...

Are you trying to prevent the customer from buying more than once just because it is dumb? Or is there another reason that you need to do this?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. I am only trying to limit it in one order. And just because they are dumb lol and it is a pain to have to refund through paypal and then contact the customer. I have several designers selling in my store and if it is something they have to change when they upload products they will often forget. Would just be great if I could set it as a default in a similar way to being able to set so I don't show a quantity box.

Plugin Contributions

To limit a Product to quantity 1 in the current order you can set the Maximum to 1 ... this is a built in feature of Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast