Plugin Contributions

Default Google Checkout Problem

Sorry to be a bother on this. I am a relative newbie to ZC and GC. I have read through a lot of threads on google checkout problems but I can not resolve the problem I am having. I have seen other people with the same problem but I have not found a solution that works for me. Getting google checkout to work seems to be a hairy problem for a lot of people. This is my configuration:

Zen Cart V1.3.8a
    Linux Server
    Straight PHP V5.x (Not PHP Over CGI)
    HTTPS/SSLv3
    Curl (No Proxy Needed)
    Sandbox/Live Accounts on GC (Unverified Bank Accounts)
    GC Signed Cart Checked
    GC Return URL points to GoogleCheckout/responsehandler.php

I have gone through the GC module install/edit numerous times and I think it is right so I do not think that is a problelm. The problem I am having is that when I confirm on checkout I am not brought to google for payment and I am returned to the shopping cart rather than checkout success. I do get the sandbox warning message in admin but the order never gets shown. I have monitored the https traffic and i do not see any attempt to connect to google. The logs do not reflect any traffic. Here are a few questions I have that may or may not help me resolve this.

1. Do the GC bank accounts have to be verified before this will work? If so how do you verify the sandbox pseudo bank account?

2. Do you need to have signed cart checked in GC? From what I see in the code it implies yes.

3. Are there any required settings in php.ini to get GC to work. The php.ini file i have is pretty scant. Will GC work under php5?

4. Aside from the 2 log files having a 777 permission are there any other permission requirements. The group permission on the GC files seems to be 0 is that a problem?

5.Can a firewall, cookies or popup setting cause this problem?

6. If I have straight PHP and I have the htaccess and htpasswd files enabled will it still work? Or can that only be used with PHP over CGI. When they are enabled i seem to be able to log into responsehandler.php with an error invalid or unknown request. I think i get that error because i do not send any xml to responsehandler.php. When I do not have them enable i get some kind of header authorization error.

7. Can anyone tell me how the googlecheckout module gets activated and the steps it goes through to connect to google for payment when i hit the confirm button? It appears that this is not happening in my case since it does not attempt to connect to google. It is failing before any attempt to connect to google. Is there internal authentication that happens before it even tries to connect to google?

How do I verify my ssl certificate is working? My host server does appear on the google list. Is that all that is necessary?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout Problem

Update. I have just read another post that may help me solve my problem. It stated something to the effect that for GC to work you should not see a radio button selection during checkout. and said you needed a file in your template folder called tpl_checkout_payment_default.php. I followed the option A install instructions to the letter and that file is not referenced there. Under the option B instructions it does say to copy that file and 3 others into your template but option A does not mention them. Should I copy these four files to my template. Should the radio button disappear? If you do not have/select the radio button then how do you select google ckeckout?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout Problem

That was the problem. I copied the other 4 files into my template folder and it appears to be working. Someone ought to change the option A installation instructions to show the additional 4 files that need to be downloaded to your template folder. I am not sure about option B because it say to copy the those 4 files to the directory but not the other 2 and then gives you manual instructions on how to change the 4 files. The readme file ought to be updated as well to reflect that you do not want the radio button to appear during checkout and explain the way google checkout works. I did not find anything in the documentation that say you should not have the radio button. Logically most people would think that is how it should work. GC is an alternative checkout not part of the ZC checkout. Hope this might help others who fall into the same trap.