Plugin Contributions

Default Email Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed

I have the same e-mail problem: Message I get is:Email Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed:
    Then I phoned with my host: host gator and they told me everything seems to be set up right, but there might be a problem in the php script or the backend.
    When searching for the SMTP error, I got the following:
    /home/herb11/public_html/includes/classes/support/phpmailer.lang-en.php

Line #13 : $PHPMAILER_LANG["authenticate"] = 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.';

Line #15 : $PHPMAILER_LANG["recipients_failed"] = 'SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: ';

Line #16 : $PHPMAILER_LANG["data_not_accepted"] = 'SMTP Error: Data not accepted.';

Line #17 : $PHPMAILER_LANG["connect_host"] = 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.';

I am sorry, if the same questions where asked before, but I tried to find an answer and couldn't. I am also very new on this. Here is the website address: http://www.allnaturalherbaltherapy.com

Hope someone is able to help me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed

"When" do you get that message?
    There are about 30 different emails that Zen Cart sends. Which ones are failing for you? Which ones are working for you?

Also, when you click the "Reply" button below, there are several questions listed in the "Posting Tips" section of the screen ... please answer those as part of your reply.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply.
    I am using version 1.3.8
    It's a new site, never upgraded it, only changed from Classic to Apple Zen.
    No addons installed yet.
    Only customization up to know was setting up categories, products, shipping, etc. The basic setup, try to learn as I go.
    Not sure when the problem started.
    I just run a test product. E-mail worked perfect. Only e-mail where the problem is, is the one on the Contact us page.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by busiherb View Post
    Only e-mail where the problem is, is the one on the Contact us page.
    Aha -- now *that* is the important piece of information.

Chances are you've got an invalid email address specified in Admin->Configuration->Email Options in either of:
    - Email Address (sent FROM)
    - Email Address (Displayed to Contact you)
    - Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List

Pay careful attention to the correct formatting of email addresses in those fields. The first 2 mentioned are just the email address, plain text. The dropdown entry requires a specific format.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much. You were exactly right. That was so easy to fix and I read through the posts and tried everything, only not the basics.
    I am feeling pretty stupid now, but without your advice I would have had a hard time. Once again, thank you, I really appreciate it.