Plugin Contributions

Default Reorder attribute set from Attribute Controller?

First, can somebody clarify the difference between an Option and an Attribute? I am assuming an Attribute is the combination of an Option Name with one or more Option Values.

I have a product item with 11 attributes. I would like to change the order of these attributes for a specific product item but not necessarily reorder the attributes for other products that use only some of them.

Is there any way to do this other than setting the sort order in the Option Name controller? It seems like it should be done in the Attribute Controller but if it is, I am bening dense and cannot see how to do it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reorder attribute set from Attribute Controller?

Attributes are made up of the Option Name, example Color, and Option Values, example Red, Yellow, Green etc. ...

Each Attribute has its own Sort Order when adding/editing ...

There are also Default Sort Orders that can be set on the Option Values that can be applied in the Attributes Controller by hitting the Update Sort Order ...

If you want 1 Product to have a different Sort Order on the Attribute Option Values, you can edit these manually ...

NOTE: if you run the Update Sort Order for all Attributes it will reset the Sort Order on ALL products to the defaults ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you want 1 Product to have a different Sort Order on the Attribute Option Values, you can edit these manually ...
    That's what I need to do. I just can't figure out how. I know about the default sort orders at the Option Name and Option Value editors. I have a certain product with 11 attributes already applied that I need to reorder.

Plugin Contributions

Edit each Attribute and change the Sort Order manually on the 1 Product ... just be aware that you cannot use the global update of Attribute Sort Order on All Products once you do this as it will change the order ...

A suggestion would be to use a similar Option Name with its own Option Values so that you do not mix it up with other Attributes in the future ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!