Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default "one time charge" in the confirmation email

I know what your thinking... this has been answered!

For the product page, the current fix works, but it does not remove it from the confirmation email.

As far as I can tell, I need to edit this in the /includes/classes/order.php file

Line #870 : ($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'] !=0 ? "\n" . TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL . $currencies->display_price($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'], $this->products[$i]['tax'], 1) : '') .

Line #880 : '</td></tr>' . "\n" . '<tr><td class="product-details">' . nl2br(TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL) . '</td>' . "\n" .

I can go into the english.php file and make it so (TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL) equals "", but it still show the one time dollar amount.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "one time charge" in the confirmation email

Anyone?.. this seems like it would be a pretty simple fix

Plugin Contributions

Default Remove "one time charge" FROM CONF. EMAILS

Tried posting this elsewhere, but nobody has even looked at it in a week.

I know what your thinking... this has been answered.. It has for the product page, but not for the confirmation email.

For the product page, the current fix works, but it does not remove it from the confirmation email.

As far as I can tell, I need to edit this in the /includes/classes/order.php file

Line #870 : ($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'] !=0 ? "\n" . TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL . $currencies->display_price($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'], $this->products[$i]['tax'], 1) : '') .

Line #880 : '</td></tr>' . "\n" . '<tr><td class="product-details">' . nl2br(TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL) . '</td>' . "\n" .

I can go into the english.php file and make it so (TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL) equals "", but it still show the one time dollar amount.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove "one time charge" FROM CONF. EMAILS

You've already identified the part of the code to change.
    What happened when you changed it?

Your duplicate posts have been merged.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for replying, this is the last little hurdle before we launch the cart:)

I was fairly certain that this was the code to edit, I just don't know which part to change to what.

In my experience with shopping carts, its best not to go in and start pulling apart the code without a clue

Plugin Contributions

If I wasn't clear, I don't know which part of the code to edit

Your help is VERY APPRECIATED!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm having a hard time understanding *why* you're not disclosing to your customer where certain charges are coming from?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply. In the confirmation email, the attribute name says "-one time charge $25", and it says the "one time charges may apply" on top.

My boss feels that this is redundant,
    and wants it removed.

I'm getting better at working with Zen Cart, and I really do think it is the best cart out there... but I still don't feel completely comfortable changing code without a little direction. I've searched up and down, this question does not seem to be answered.

This is one of the last little things I need to complete in the cart configuration. Needless to say, I'm about ready to just start dissecting that bit of code and see what happens.
    Last edited by Rastabloke; 20 Aug 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remove these lines:
    Code:
          ($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'] !=0 ? "\n" . TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL . $currencies->display_price($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'], $this->products[$i]['tax'], 1) : '') .
    and
    Code:
          ($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'] !=0 ?
          '</td></tr>' . "\n" . '<tr><td class="product-details">' . nl2br(TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGES_EMAIL) . '</td>' . "\n" .
          '<td>' . $currencies->display_price($this->products[$i]['onetime_charges'], $this->products[$i]['tax'], 1) : '') .
    Notice how the starting and ending parentheses go together? That's helping identify which parts need to be kept together or removed together.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast