Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion modified Easy Populate 1.2.5.6 csv (import by ID but not MODEL, and so on)

Based on easy_populate_csv_1-2-5-6-csv.
    This zip only contains the 'admin' folder,
    other files are the same as the orginal one.
    Because I can not upload a file larger than 50k (!!!!)

1. UTF-8 support

2. No longer using 'products_model' to identify a product, but using 'products_id'. I can not understand why they are using model at all, a strange design! Empty id means to add a new product.

3. Export CSV to a specfied encoding (eg: Excel can only handle GBK/GB2312 correctly, but not UTF-8)

NOT fully tested,
    froogle is NOT tested at all and shouldn't work correctly, because I only need Full export/import.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: modified Easy Populate 1.2.5.6 csv (import by ID but not MODEL, and so on)

Product model is used in the original because many users use this mod to import bulk information from suppliers who neither know nor care about the store's internal product ID. So the data transfer is one way and doesn't include product ID.

A common work around for those not in the above situation is to use the product ID as the product model. Though this is awkward if the product model is already in use, so hopefully this variant will hopefully be useful to some people, thanks for sharing.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: modified Easy Populate 1.2.5.6 csv (import by ID but not MODEL, and so on)

Thanks for your explanation

In my case, I don't have any model id, so using the auto_increment id seems a good solution.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

i have install this mod because i have too many problems with PE 1.2.5.4 but i have 2 errors:

1°) In the admin--> Tools--> Easy populate:

Warning: include(/home/XXXXX/public_html/temp/filelist.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXXX/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2409

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/XXXX/public_html/temp/filelist.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/XXXXX/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2409

My chmod are OK

2°) When i import the file in excel:

<b>Warning</b>: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/home/XXXXX/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php</b> on line <b>819</b><br />

Thank you for your help

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a million, works Great. I've been banging my head on this one for a while.

Plugin Contributions

Found what appears to be a bug
    - custom fields are not imported on 1st try
    - need to re-export the database update the custom fields and re-import