Default White space in bottom right corner of my header/logo

I am not sure what is causing this, but where my header/logo is, in the bottom right corner of it it is white...

Any ideas? Thank you in advance! Here is a link:
    http://www.crochetgarden.com/shop/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: White space in bottom right corner of my header/logo

The reason is because your image is 100px high, but your logoWrapper (which has the background color) is only 75px.

Increasing your logoWrapper to 100px will get you part of the way there, but trigger another problem. The BR tag that clears the logoWrapper will create some white space.

Your options are either to remove it from the tpl_header.php file or to add line-height:0 to the styling of .clearBoth - though if you use the latter be alert to any knock on effects elsewhere.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Thank you for your reply :) If I go with the former what exactly is "it" that I should remove from the tpl_header file?

Ok, I think I figured it out. I changed the height in the CSS to 100px, and then took out the br tag right before the </div> in the tpl_header.php file. Now will removing this tag cause any ill effects on other pages or in other browsers? (I am currently using Firefox).

Thank you so much for the help :)

Plugin Contributions

Sometimes it can, but with your design, doesn't appear to have.

You do have the infamous 3px of whitespace below the image in IE6, but with your design it's not an eyesore, and since IE8 beta 1 has just been released, I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

That is all good to know... thank you so much for helping me with that.. I am still learning CSS. I really tried to make something easy on the eyes, and easy to see, so I am glad that white in IE will pretty much not look like it does not belong there, and like you said with IE8 it should not be a problem when it comes out.

Thanks again so much! :)

Plugin Contributions

With IE7 it's already not a problem. And you're very welcome.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The reason is because your image is 100px high, but your logoWrapper (which has the background color) is only 75px.

Increasing your logoWrapper to 100px will get you part of the way there, but trigger another problem. The BR tag that clears the logoWrapper will create some white space.

Your options are either to remove it from the tpl_header.php file or to add line-height:0 to the styling of .clearBoth - though if you use the latter be alert to any knock on effects elsewhere.
    Hi I have the same problem and I fixed it on the English language store but as my store is a multilingual store and the other language doesn't have the tpl_header.php page! what should I do here ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alhakeem2001 View Post
    Hi I have the same problem and I fixed it on the English language store but as my store is a multilingual store and the other language doesn't have the tpl_header.php page! what should I do here ?
    The tpl_header.php file isn't a language file. It sits in the templates/common folder and is common to all languages. The other option suggested would involve changing the main stylesheet.css file which sits in the templates/css folder as is also common to all languages on site. So I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post.

Plugin Contributions

You are right kuroi bout the tpl_header.php there is only one file with this name, and I eidited the css file in the other language and it works with me now.. Thanks alot