Plugin Contributions

Default Mac vs. PC Views

OK perhaps there are other Mac users out there

I'm developing my local on pc - looks wonderful. Upload to server, still on PC looks wonderful

Have fixed all cross browser issues that I know of

Looked at my site on my new Mac site looks like -ahem - me now doing the old

Anyideas why there is such a huge difference in the look?

http://www.jecphotography.com/mystore

user zen pw cart

thanks

if some one can tell me how to fix the footer I would appreciate that too

update footer may be acting weird - sometime duplicate footer words sometimes not.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mac vs. PC Views

Can't help you with the Apple thing, but I can say that your site looks exactly the same in IE8 and Safari for Windows, if that helps.

Plugin Contributions

I develop all my sites -- Zen and others -- here on my Mac. I can't think of anything that would cause your store to look very different on a Mac. If you've specified fonts available only on your system, then that will cause problems, for Mac or Win users without those fonts.

But I can't help you track down the problem, since when I went to your store, your log-in code trapped Firefox in an infinite loop and I had to force quit the process.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

yeh firefox really doesnt like your login thingy......i kept pressing cancel then it logged me in anyway just without styles

Plugin Contributions

hmm - sorry about the log in thingy - it doesn't happen to me however - from what I've seen the server seems to be behind the host's firewall - I got a firewall message once.

I'm using an arial font - hopefully site should be up soon with out a password - SSL cert almost completed legalease fro a couple of the pages almost complete too - needed to get one up re copyright - since I sell artwork - states basically just because you buy doen't mean it gives you the right to reproduce it

Thanks as always for the help - I'll repost once site goes live to see it you can give me some other clues.