Plugin Contributions

Default Inaccurate discount w/ coupon

I have created a coupon for 50% off, minimum order $25, valid only in the clearance section. A customer placed an order with a value before the discount of $168.77. This excludes shipping and there isn't any tax. The discount applied was $76.59. A 50% discount should be $84.39. Why the $7.80 difference?

All the items on her order qualified - that is, they were all clearance priced from the clearance section.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inaccurate discount w/ coupon

Maybe I found the problem - but I won't know for sure until the next order comes through. I have four clearance categories. Three of them were set to "Ignore Specials Price - Apply to Product Price and Replace Special". But the fourth one was set to "Ignore SaleCondition - no sale applied when special exists". I'm guessing the products in that section did not get the coupon discount applied.

Plugin Contributions

Help! No, that wasn't my problem. I'm still getting quite a few orders with the incorrect discount. Some are correct, but most are not. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Is there any way I can find out which item on an order is being excluded from the discount coupon calculation? I've looked up each and every item on the orders, and all the items are clearance priced. So all the items should qualify for the 50% discount coupon.

The orders in question also exceed the $25 minimum order requirement.

Other than checking each item to see if it qualifies & each order to see if they meet the min, I'm at a loss on how to go the issue.

I guess my next step is to duplicate the orders, one line at time, and see when the discount isn't applied. But these are big orders, so I was hoping not to do this.

Plugin Contributions

I believe what is happening is that your Products are Linked Products and not all of the Products in the Clearance Category are using the Clearance Category as their master_categories_id so that they are not validating ...

I am assuming that you have setup your Discount Coupon with restrictions for :
    TOP Deny
    CLEARANCE Allow
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Linda, I went through every single one of the items on the orders in question, and they all had the clearance price on them. The only way this could be was if they were under the a master in the clearance section. Non-clearance sections (and masters) did not have a sale price on them.

I had the top deny originally. When I removed that, leaving only Clearance Allow, it worked, giving the discount I expected. I tested to see if items not in clearance also received a discount, but they did not. This left me assuming that if any restrictions existed, everything else was denied other than was was specifically allowed.

Anyhow, I got it to work, and the coupon is now expired. I'll know to keep an eye on it next time I do something like this.