Plugin Contributions

Default Supplier Order Module wishlist

Hi,
    I want a module for manually ordering stock from my suppliers. I have this functionality in my current invoicing software which I want to replace completely with Zen cart.
    I have not found anything like what I want as a contribution so since I don’t have the time to code it myself (nor the skills, let’s be honest) I am getting ready to pay for it.

This thread is a request for people to look at what I am planning to have done and add their comments.

Why?
    Two reasons.
    1) I find it hard to believe that I want something no-one else has already done.
    2) Although I am NOT looking to share the development cost and get involved in the usual morass of trying to develop code by committee, this will probably end up as a contribution and so why not get it as comprehensive as possible from the start and avoid a never-ending-support-thread with “it would be nice if..” that I could not support.

So, comments like
    - what other functions would be “nice” in a module such as this, that I have overlooked
    - A better approach that others have taken, or reasons why I am barking up the wrong tree
    - How I can get this type of functionality already elsewhere or who has already done something similar,
    would be very gratefully received.

I am imagining something along these lines…

Create Order Process
    1 – Select a supplier, which is not necessarily the manufacturer. (New db fields required for products like supplier, ordering code, cost price).

2 – Show a listing of stock levels for all the products linked to that supplier.

3 - Create a new supplier order or edit an existing unsent one.

4 – Option to produce a report listing the stock, buying prices and totals in stock for that supplier and all suppliers, ie a valuation inventory

5 – Select the quantities required of each product.

6 – While choosing quantities, a running total of the total cost of the order is shown.

7 – Save the order. Allow it to be updated with additions as in step 2 above.

8 – Print order to PDF to send to supplier. Mark it as sent but still editable.

Receive order process:
    1 – Receive total order and add to inventory.
    2 – Allow order to be edited prior to adding to inventory in case some items not available and also if cost price has changed. Add comments

Thanks in advance for your time and help and I offer a pre-apology now for not responding from Saturday as we are on holiday and I am banned from computers or cyber-cafés for two weeks….

Best regards

Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Supplier Order Module wishlist

Have you thought about using an ERP system? We are using phreebooks, phreebooks.com.

It has a zen cart connector to download orders from zen cart and upload products/sync products from phreebooks.

It is built on the zen cart admin interface.

It will handle all of the requirements that you listed, plus much more.

Complete accounting, inventory, orders, invoicings, purchase ordering, everything that you need for backend business management.

Extremely helpful author - yes one developer- that is active on the forum. Will help figure anything out, super guy.

Automatic purchase order creation when you create invoices.

Many reports and a custom report builder to create your own reports.

I had thought about a similar mod for zen cart and was going to use Quickbooks as the accounting side until I came across phreebooks. It's free and easy to use and cuts down on needing extra 3rd party software to run all the aspects of a business.

Just thought I would put this out there in case you hadn't seen it.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!