Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default "Always free shipping " option is change all item free shipping?

I use Zen Cart 1.3.7
    I want one item is free shipping and changed it for "Always free shipping " option.
    But after changed I found all our products have to accept "free shipping ", otherwise don't let you check out. the shipping module is ERROR.
    I have cancel the free shipping option that the item I change before.
    But the thing is the same: all our products have to accept "free shipping ", otherwise don't let you check out.

Please someone tell me how to change back to the normall shipping option?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Always free shipping " option is change all item free shipping?

What shipping methods are you using?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What shipping methods are you using?
    Thanks for your reply, Ajeh
    I use Australian shipping methods, they are all ERROR as follow:

ERROR:</B> The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time
    If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I try to made all Australian shipping methods False, and active the zencart built in shipping methods. they are no error, but when I select it & click to check out wouldn't let go. always stay in the same page (choose shipping method page).

But when I active the free shipping method. and select the free shipping, it's work, can check out normally. if I select
    zencart built in shipping methods to check out wouldn't let go.

it's seem the system just recognise free shipping, not other else.

The system is normall before, that's all happen after I create a new $1.00 item for invoice custom pay their payment by credit card on line.
    I select Yes, Skip Shipping Address & Yes, Always Free Shipping . for this item.

Did I do anything wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Always Free Shipping means that the shipping is Free to everyone and the only shipping method that will work is the Free Shipping freeshipper shipping module ...

If you want a Product to be used just for a Payment ... instead mark it as:
    Product is Virtual: Yes, Skip Shipping Address
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Always Free Shipping means that the shipping is Free to everyone and the only shipping method that will work is the Free Shipping freeshipper shipping module ...

If you want a Product to be used just for a Payment ... instead mark it as:
    All my other product didn't mark free ship. I only mark one product free shipping, but the thing now is all my product seem have to accept free shipping, even I didn't mark them free shipping. otherwise wouldn't let check out.

Plugin Contributions

Free Shipping freeshipper is only triggered by Always Free Shipping and 0 weight when 0 weight is set to be Free Shipping ...

NOTE: if you have both Yes, Skip Shipping Address & Yes, Always Free Shipping ... that counts as 2 for Free Shipping and could distort your shipping results ...

I am not familiar with the shipping module that you are using so I don't know if there are other problems with it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

It's looks like after I set one products both Yes, Skip Shipping Address & Yes, Always Free Shipping.
    it distort all my products shipping module(all have to be a accept free shipping)
    that was quite strange

I have try to reset this one products Yes, Skip Shipping Address , No, Normal Shipping Rules
    But the problem still there.

Thanks very much for your times anyway, even the problem still there.

Do you know which PHP control the shipping system. maybe I can have a look, or re-uplaod it.

Or any otherway I can set the shipping module back to normall.

Plugin Contributions

Problem is solved after re upload all the Australian shipping module files.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that reloading your files was able to help fix this problem ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same issue, but not with Australian shipping modules-- I'm using Zone Rates and Free Shipping for my shipping modules-- I have 2 non-virtual products that are free shipping.

Three of my virtual products are set to Product is Virtual and Normal Shipping Rules, but when added to the cart, they give free shipping to the customer. All three have a single attribute (PDF) with the file location. All three were added at the same time, and two were created using duplicates of the first, so I suspect the three behaviors are related.

I have OTHER virtual products for which this is not the case. One of them has multiple attribute options (PDF or Mobipocket) with file locations. One is no attribute-- you just get the downloadable in its file format when you checkout. Neither of these virtual products gives free shipping when added to the cart.

This is pretty serious-- I'm already out $11 in shipping something that a customer bought at the same time they bought one of these $7 items.

--Stephanie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast