Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Always free shipping " option is change all item free shipping?

Sounds like you have Downloads marked as Virtual Products and Downloads do not get marked as Virtual Products ...

Downloads are NEVER Virtual Products and NEVER Always Free Shipping ... the code is designed to know based on the filenames on the Attribute(s) that there is no shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Linda,

Thanks for the prompt response. So... HOW do I fix that? (BTW: What's a virtual product if not a download?)

Here's what's going on:
    1) If I make a product that should be downloaded only, offered in PDF format, and I put in the filename field the path to the file, when someone checks out, they don't actually see the file and never receive it (unhappy customers).
    2) If I make a product with attributes that are downloaded only, offered in PDF format as an attribute, then the customer can download the file after checkout, but if they add it and something else to their cart, it gives them free shipping (unhappy me). The exception is that I have one (free) product that doesn't trigger free shipping this way.

I guess my next step is to screw around with... I don't know? I don't know how to make a product that's downloadable-only, doesn't add shipping charges, but won't also stop the cart from charging shipping on other products.

Plugin Contributions

Set the Product up correctly for the Download:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    Now, with the Download filename on the Attribute it will "know" not to charge shipping ...

With the Download ONLY in the cart, you will not see the checkout_shipping on checkout you will go to checkout_payment ...

With a Physical Product in the cart, you will go to checkout_shipping on the checkout ...

With both a Physical Product in the cart and a Download in the cart, you will go to checkout_shipping with normal charges for the Physical Product in the cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12