Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion A bot to edit and save each product? CEON and others Add-on idea / exists?

Here's my dilemma, I have CEON url's and it's great! But it only adds the new SEO data to NEW products.. So all my old legacy products have the ugly url of index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1234&products_id=1234 .

So unless I re-edit twenty thousand products I will be stuck.. Now I'm about to pull this off with phpmyadmin & easy populate, but I was just thinking how great it would be to have a script that edits each product and saves it. I'm sure there's other add-ons besides CEON that could use this feature.. Does this already exist? If not how would you go about making a script to accomplish this?

Thanks, I'm not even sure what you'd call a program like that, or how to search for a "product editing bot" ? ..
    AIM edwardtilbury
    GoogleTalk edwardtilbury

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A bot to edit and save each product? CEON and others Add-on idea / exists?

Which is why there are 2 different modules :) While Ceon allows you to use the old urls for the products you want, Simple Seo Url doesnt allow that but instead automatically transform all the urls.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A bot to edit and save each product? CEON and others Add-on idea / exists?

yeah, you're right, I'm going to try simple seo urls... I just like how the categories look in CEON Uri's ,

website.com/apple_sauce/

vs

website.com/apple_sauce_c_1/

There was some funky thing going on with the cache on simple seo, I'll try it again and see if I can get it to work..
    AIM edwardtilbury
    GoogleTalk edwardtilbury

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by edwardtilbury View Post
    yeah, you're right, I'm going to try simple seo urls... I just like how the categories look in CEON Uri's ,

website.com/apple_sauce/

vs

website.com/apple_sauce_c_1/

There was some funky thing going on with the cache on simple seo, I'll try it again and see if I can get it to work..
    Uhm, I think you are way back behind time, SSU can already produce such links using "alias" even before Ceon was published
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me