Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Rename Admin folder security patch v1.3.8

But I don't have this problem before installing the security patch. Are you suggesting there is some conflict between this security patch and the SEO add-on? Anyway to handle this? Remove the SEO addon? Any workaround solution is also fine.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rename Admin folder security patch v1.3.8

I suspect your problem is that you have an SEO addon that came with an altered version of /includes/functions/html_output.php and when you mistakenly edited that file you ended up damaging it, and when you tried to reverse it you didn't put back what was there before editing, and likely put back an old copy from before adding the SEO addon.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, I renamed the original file in the same folder, so I simply rename it back. I double checked the content, it was the one before editing. Any other hints?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you turn off your SEO addon, does the currency box work properly?
    Did your site's main .htaccess file get altered recently? Maybe something's broken in there.
    If turning off the SEO addon "fixes" the problem, then you'll have to work with that addon's support/discussion about how to re-enable it.

Keep in mind that the June 2009 security patch ONLY touches admin-related files, and thus has NO effect on any of the files in your storefront. So, if your storefront is "suddenly" broken, then it's not the fault of the patch ... so I'd start looking at user-error, or maybe files getting hacked and not properly cleaned up, or other contributing factors.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

How to turn off SEO? I'm using Simple SEO URL. Seems that there is no such option to turn off.

I double checked the current content with the one from simple SEO URL, it was the same. So I confirm my rollback is successful.

I also notice that you are one of member contributing to the amendment of this html_output.php. Really feel honored to have you helping me on this issue. Thanks a lot.

I confirm that the problem only appear after the security patch installation, you can see this website, it is the one before installating the security patch.

http://www.smarthost4u.org/sclients/fineartmegastore/

Plugin Contributions

DrByte is not just a member, he is a core developer :)

SSU can be turned off via admin->configuration->ssu setting.

SSU does edit your html_output.php, and this edit does not conflict with any zencart security patch. There should be absolutely no problem if you applied the patch correctly.

I suggest you recheck the html_output.php goes inside the SSU package and compare with the current one.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

After turning SSU off, the currency switching has no problem. I compared the below file with the one in simple SEO URL, the only difference is the security patch.

admin/includes/function/html_output.php

Are you suggesting simple SEO URL has conflict with this security patch? Any hints? How about use another SEO URL addon?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alimtlai View Post
    After turning SSU off, the currency switching has no problem. I compared the below file with the one in simple SEO URL, the only difference is the security patch.

Are you suggesting simple SEO URL has conflict with this security patch? Any hints? How about use another SEO URL addon?
    No, it cannot have any conflict because
    1. logically, this patch does not affect ssu in anyway (and vice versa)
    2. we are using this patch along with ssu for our own site and clients sites.

I suspect in the process of applying the patch you messed up something else :)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alimtlai View Post

It still seems like maybe your non-admin version of html_output.php is not the right one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12