Plugin Contributions

Default Purchase Order? Please Elaborate, Thanks!

Hi, I just added the super order module made by swguy to my shopping cart functions.
    I really don't quite understand what the PO(Purchase Order) details/inputs.. are for.

I tried to google it (zen cart purchase order) and didn't get much helpful results, except that the Purchase Order module is mostly requested by users who want a wholesale system.

However, maybe it's because I'm slow... But, I still don't quite grasp the idea.

Can anyone please help elaborate what this Purchase Order does, how to use it? (PO Number??), how it's different from a regular purchase, and just generally any indept info about it?

Thanks!
    **ITF
    "I understand now. The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - MewTwo

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Purchase Order? Please Elaborate, Thanks!

lets say you have a customer that is a big company and they buy products from you every week by PO, and pay once a month, when they buy they buy by PO and give you a PO number from the company, you hold on to that receipt with that PO number on it as an IOU, at the end of the month or time you and the company have decided on and bill those POs with the numbers to get paid.

big company's and the government use them, some times they use them for jobs to keep them seperate.

pete

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Purchase Order? Please Elaborate, Thanks!

I see. That cleared it up for me a lot.

Thanks Pete!!
    **ITF
    "I understand now. The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - MewTwo