Plugin Contributions

Default Need to remove a mod and re-install but how?

I've installed a "how did you hear about us" module at mowerpartsupply.com/catalog and it's not working properly so I want to remove all the files that make the mod work, which is the easy part, and then somehow un-install everything from my admin so none of the buttons and so forth will no longer appear. But how do I do this? From there I want to go back through my installation carefully and correctly in the hopes of getting the mod to work correctly. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Ian

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to remove a mod and re-install but how?

Hi

Have you any back up files that you can restore the core zen-cart files from?

That would remove the mod so you can start again.

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Can't say that I do. Will simply deleting all the files of the mod remove it?

Ian

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ian

Then all I can say is download the files of your mod 'how did you hear about us' and make a list of all the files in that mod and then remove them from your store, and as you remove the files check each one off from your list as you go.

This is the only way I can think of.

Good luck.

Phil

PS When you have done that and all is ok with your store, BACK UP YOUR FILES!

Plugin Contributions

But isn't there a problem with that? Some of those files may be modified files that are needed to run Zen without the mod installed.

Ian

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ian

Thinking about it, if you have over written core files then yes it would impossible to remove them without affecting your store. If you have just added to the core files (additional files) then you could just remove those ones.

It sounds as if you have really messed up, you should have backed up your files before you installed the mod.

It might be worth downloading the core files from Zen-Cart as a fresh installation, then replacing the over written files from the mod witht the downloaded uncorrupted files from Zen-Cart. This might get you out of a jam, failing that you may have to get help from someone better than me with this.

Good luck again.

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by r1formetoo View Post
    But isn't there a problem with that? Some of those files may be modified files that are needed to run Zen without the mod installed.

Ian
    The "About Us" mod itself does not have any file merges; all the files are new. If you delete all the files from the mod, you will have deleted the mod. The only change from the zip download you might have made is file placement; the zip files assume that your template is named "custom." If you used a different template name, delete the files from that place.

The only change to existing files that you may have made for about us relates to where you linked the page into your cart. The instructions suggest doing this in the information sidebox. If you did it there, undo the change from includes/modules/sideboxes/<your template>/information.php.

Of course, the real question is where did you go wrong installing it in the first place. My guess would be that you forgot to replace "custom" with the name of your template when placing a file in your cart.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.