Plugin Contributions

help question PayPal Express setup but not showing button in shopping cart or login page

I installed and setup a template for http://www.myexoticjewellery.com

He wanted to setup the PayPal Express so I gave him this link http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=15 and he did it himself. It looks like it was done correctly and I asked him if he did anything… and he told me what he did which was normal.

It looks like it was set up perfectly but the buttons are not coming out on the shopping cart page or login

Until this installation I have always used 1.3.8 but I used 1.3.8a for this site

I wonder what settings could have been change to cause this. I have not worked on this server before so it is also likely to be a server problem? Lots of things in the server information page but I am not sure what to look for.

[FONT=Calibri]Hosted with [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]gkg.net[/FONT][FONT=Calibri]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Server OS:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] Linux 2.6.18-128.4.1.el5PAE
    [FONT=Verdana]PHP Version:[/FONT] 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0) [FONT=Verdana]PHP Memory Limit:[/FONT] 32M
    [FONT=Verdana]Database:[/FONT] MySQL 5.0.67-community
    [FONT=Verdana]HTTP Server:[/FONT] Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express setup but not showing button in shopping cart or login page

I just tested an install of 1.3.8 on the server and had the same problem. Also on both of the sites when I use FCK Editor to uplaod an image in to the description of the page I get:
    error:
    'file uploader is disable-please check the editor/filemanager/connections/php/config.php' file.

As this has not happened on other servers with the same files I can assume it is something on the server.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express setup but not showing button in shopping cart or login page

UPDATE:

I used my own API details on the 1.3.8 site and it works; but not on the 1.3.8a site (which may have been changed in some other way..). I will post any more info here.
    Last edited by vandiermen; 26 Aug 2009 at 07:09 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Stopped working again on the 1.3.8 site and I gave up and am using paypal IPN instead which works fine

Plugin Contributions

I use 1.3.8a and Express works fine.
    I'm currently only testing with the Paypal Sandbox.
    Sometimes I wish the Express buttons wouldn't appear since my goal is to implement Website Payments Pro.
    My site is designed for the visually impaired and the Paypal IPN screen is horrible for screen readers.
    My goal is to have a simple in cart credit card interface which does not save the credit card info at all.
    The offline credit card feature saves the credit card info in split or unsplit mode.
    I don't like the responsibility of holding buyers credit card numbers.
    I have tried all different combinations available on the Zen-Cart Express Checkout configuration and the Express Buttons always show.

Plugin Contributions

upload function on the FCK editor started working after I installed an older version of it.

Plugin Contributions

It was not working becuase the client had not added prices to any of his items

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I hope you realize that the upload feature of FCKeditor and other similar editors is prone to security vulnerabilities, and should always be disabled. Granted, that's entirely off-topic for this discussion.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.