Default Easy Populate Question

I have successfully installed Easy Populate and have uploaded my first 100+ products. I ignored these fields:

v_metatags_products_name_status v_metatags_title_status v_metatags_model_status v_metatags_price_status v_metatags_title_tagline_status v_metatags_title_1 v_metatags_keywords_1 v_metatags_description_1

Because, I wasn't sure what to put in them. Would somebody send me a sample, or at least explain. Obviously, they are for search engines but how important are they? And, how do I educate myself about them?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate Question

Would somebody send me a sample, or at least explain. Obviously, they are for search engines but how important are they? And, how do I educate myself about them?
    The tutorials/FAQ's link at the top of this page is a resource
    I searched for "product meta"

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=62
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Thanks for that but it seems a slow process to add meta tags to every product ... when you are dealing with thousands of products. With Easy Populate which fields deal just with categories? Probably, just the filed that deal with the main top level category.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that but it seems a slow process to add meta tags to every product ... when you are dealing with thousands of products
    No body searches for your domain name - - ergo to be found you have to be listed for the items you sell. Adding the correct meta description and the associated human readable description is the method to get your products listed and found
    Yes a lot of work - but did you think that all you needed was a site and the sales would just come rolling in?
    With Easy Populate which fields deal just with categories? Probably, just the filed that deal with the main top level category.
    Add a set manually, then create the download EP file/csv
    You can now see where these are populated from
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten