Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The CSS Style sheet explained (v1.3.8 classic)

Great walk thru the "park". thanks for doing this. the best way to learn is to do.

I tried to get fire bug to work before but gave up. It is pretty easy to connect to the server with fireftp and open a file in notepad (or any text ed). I make changes in one window and F5 another window to the active site. you can see changes instantly. If you have two monitors - even better

Default Re: The Quickest and Easiest way to work out what does what on the CSS style sheet

okay I had been trying to use the bug within the file i was linking to and NOT the actual page on the web. thanks for pointing this out - this is great

okay - firebug and web developer tool in firefox - together is one powerful tool. One question - while I can see all the changes in real time, can it actually make changes to my site? If so I guess its obvious that I would have to be logged into the server through firefox and/or the admin tool? Has anybody used these tools this way?

Plugin Contributions

Firebug is a great tool i was able to do it in firefox but i am facing an issue. While i was able to get the changes realtime i am unable the same lines in my CSS which is there in my ftp. Are there few things/areas which i cant edit it in CSS but need to edit it html only?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The Quickest and Easiest way to work out what does what on the CSS style sheet

When I hover over the product image in the product listing, the 'larger image' text has a decoration where the underline vanishes when you hover over it. Does anyone know how to remove this?

Plugin Contributions

so this tool just shows you where to look? I still have to open it in an editor and make the changes?
    sue

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CreateJADS View Post
    One question - while I can see all the changes in real time, can it actually make changes to my site?
    It cannot do this, and the authors of these plugins are unlikely to add this functionality for security reasons.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keetch View Post
    so this tool just shows you where to look? I still have to open it in an editor and make the changes?
    sue
    Correct - make a backup copy - then open in editor and have fun

Doing it this way is probably the best way of getting to know the code and will help you feel more confident if/when you need to change any of ther other coding.

Plugin Contributions

This is good what you have put up here and I kinda had the same idea to do this sort of thing for other zenners also. I have learned a couple of new things so thank you.

Regards
    Claire

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast