Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The Quickest and Easiest way to work out what does what on the CSS style sheet

Check out http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp for a good source of CSS constructs; they also have information about HTML.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The Quickest and Easiest way to work out what does what on the CSS style sheet

I know this has been here a long time, and I could search to see if anyone has already mentioned this:

a img {border: none} This removes the blue border from images used as links.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you guys for Firebug

Plugin Contributions

I am running the latest version of Zen Cart 1.3.9h, I am trying with no success to change the white background color around my products. Link is Gizzys I have been able to figure out how to do it on other things but this one has got me stumped

Any help that someone can give will be greatly appreciated

[email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The CSS Style sheet explained (v1.3.8 classic)

I have no problem finding the CSS stylesheets, but my problem is finding the HTML code that it applies to?
    When I look at any of the pages, all I see is a message "load the html_define for the page_2 default",
    I can go online and "view source code" and see the HTML and even edit it in FireBug, but where do I find it in ZenCart?
    As you can tell, I am also a neewbie,
    Thanks,
    Rick

Plugin Contributions

The "html" is in literally THOUSANDS of places - all in tiny little "pieces" mostly - and practically all of it is shrouded in PHP CODE.

What you see on your browser screen (when you VIEW PAGE SOURCE), is just the RESULT of the php CONSTRUCTING that page, from all the myriad of resources it gets information from.

There are no "HTML" pages in a dynamic content website. ALL pages are cobbled together by the code, and then delivered to the browser screen. When the viewer clicks a link, or performs an action (eg: add to cart), the page they are on EVAPORATES FOREVER... and a brand new page is built up on-the-fly by the PHP. Any click on a page makes it vanish forever, and a new page is built in its place....

... along the way, calculations can be performed, data captured, and specified conditions "tested" (eg: the visitor can only do this of they are logged in).

So... if you are looking for the HTML, it is there... but not in the format you are expecting it to be...
    19 years a Zencart User

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Add to that:
    The fast way to find out which specific file to edit is by using the Developers Toolkit in your Admin:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-files-to-edit
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...lopers-toolkit

But even then, it's important to realize that there's seldom any reason to edit files outside of the templates or languages folders.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345