Plugin Contributions

Default VAT not charged on OLD customers after upgrade

Hi,
    We installed the vat module around 18 months ago and its worked fine since however since upgrade to 1.3.8 existing european customers are not being charged vat however new ones are!

For example I am based in UK and get charged vat at checkout, all products i view on main website show price with and without vat. If I change my delivery address to spain, france etc it still calculates the correct vat. If a new customer creates an account the exact same happens for them with vat showing and calculated corrctly.

However, if an existing customer in europe (account created before the upgrade) places an order all products show the same price for incl and excl vat i.e. £1.00 excl vat / £1.00 incl vat and no vat is charged at checkout - even if a new european country address is added to the account no vat is charged.

The vat mod was a nightmare to install so removing and re-doing is really a last option for us as it may not fix the problem anyway but will create hours/days of work. Has anyone any ideas? We have too many european customers to try and locate them all the delete accounts so they are created as new ones and this has only started since the upgrade yesterday so must be connected to the problem but we have spent all morning trying to figure it out - as far as we can see all options in admin match the pre-upgrade options.

ADDED - just to clarify the vat module works fine and shows the vat correctly as it should, just not doing that with european customers who created their account before the upgrade - european accounts created after the upgrade are fine and uk works fine. With these old european accounts even adding a new address to them will not show up vat charges - its like the vat module does not even see them anymore.
    Last edited by PudzPud; 1 Sep 2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: added text

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: VAT not charged on OLD customers after upgrade

Sorry could not update post again as 'edit' button not there..

A little further forward - it wont charge VAT on any European account whether old or newly created - again this only happened since upgrade to 1.3.8.

All uk accounts seem to get vat charged ok, and non vat paying countries such as Australia and Japan etc all work fine - its only Europe that comes through with no vat charges at all - and all images viewed on the website show the same as non vat paying countries e.g. £1.00 price incl vat / £1.00 price excl vat (product description should show £1.15 price incl vat / £1.00 price excl vat for all uk and european countries who pay vat)

As I have a uk based account it charges me vat automatically so when I changed my address to a european one it still charges vat (I thought this meant it was realising europe gets vat charge but it was not - was only basing it on my uk status despite delivery address being changed to europe).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: VAT not charged on OLD customers after upgrade