Plugin Contributions

bug Back button from shipping info leads to error 404 using German version

My apologizes if this looks like a double entry but I did not find yet a solution for my problem:

I'm setting up my new ZC in version 1.3.8. Everything is working fine with one exception: the buggy back button.

If I call the shipping information from the main page, the table of contents, the new items and the category page the back button on the shipping information page is leading correctly back to the original page.

The problem is on the product page:
    - by clicking on 'shipping information' that pages opens corretly
    - clicking than on the back button of the 'shipping information' page, the Error 404 page appears ("index.php?main_page=page_not_found")
    - only after clicking on the back button on this error 404 page, the original product page is shoeing up

I'm using SEO but same effect with SEO activated or de-activated

I've already checked the German ZC forum but no solution known over there.

Does anyone have any idea or hint how to solve this bug? That would be great!!

Thanks

Michael

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back button from shipping info leads to error 404

I can't recreate your problem on a clean install of the official english release of Zen Cart v1.3.8a.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I can't recreate your problem on a clean install of the official english release of Zen Cart v1.3.8a.
    Thanks for your reply DrByte,

my version is the official german release 1.3.8a as well. I believe you, but the problem is existing though. Any idea where I should dig deeper?

Michael

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Probably best to take it up with the german site, since they're massaging the code to their own liking. Their customized version is NOT supported on this website.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back button from shipping info leads to error 404 using German version

I'm not sure if this direction is helping me out since I tried it already once and I'm not looking for a support of the German version. The source code of ZC is probably anyhow the same. As a newbie with ZC I'm looking for some hints on the potential cause of the problem and was thinking that some professional users or developers could provide advices based on their profound knowledge and experience.

Regards

Michael