Plugin Contributions

bug Contact Us - email address default to site admin when customer not logged in!

Zen Cart 1.3.8a

Patch: 1::

Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

When a customer is not logged into the store, and they go to the Contact Us page, the email address field automatically defaults the store admin's email address.

This is a problem since many customers then don't fill this field in when submitting their question.

Instead, when the customer is not logged in, this field should be empty. Since it's a required field, the customer will have to enter their email address.

I'm hoping there is a quick code modification I can make to fix this. I'm not a programmer myself, so I can't track it down - but I CAN follow instructions on updating code.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us - email address default to site admin when customer not logged in!

That field is empty when the visitor isn't logged in on my stock Zencart test site. Maybe some mod you've installed or your custom template?

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Contact Us - email address default to site admin when customer not logged in!

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    That field is empty when the visitor isn't logged in on my stock Zencart test site. Maybe some mod you've installed or your custom template?
    Hmmm... I see you are right. On another installation, it behaves as expected. I've tried switching themes and it does the same thing regardless of theme. Now to figure out which mod could be making it do that. None of them are supposed to affect the contact-us page at all

I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to venture a guess as to where to look to troubleshoot this one!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us - email address default to site admin when customer not logged in!

If you can list the mods you have installed, someone might spot the culprit.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zwolfinger View Post
    I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to venture a guess as to where to look to troubleshoot this one!
    I am not seeing this on my stock 1.3.8a install. If I click or start to type into the field though, the browsers auto fill feature does offer up my other email addresses as suggestions. This is controlled by the browser though not Zen Cart.

I only mention it to rule that out. I don't know if this is the same behavior you are experiencing.

Dan