Plugin Contributions

Default Help with Ez-Page Header, Footer bar and Categories

Hi all.

Can anybody help me with a few queries please.

I have just installed Zencart and started the porcess of customising my stylesheet and tweaking things to how I want them but am now a bit stuck.

The first query is about the Ez-Page Header.

I would like to loose the links off of it but from what I can find in FAQ's if I do this the header will automatically disappear.

Is there a way to keep it without any text on it ? If not, can I either create my own links on it, and if so, how / where ?

Alternatively, can I generate a simple bar to replace it ? I just need a divider bar that keeps the same colour etc. if not links are used. Presumably this is a case of creating a link in the CSS stylesheet in the correct place ??

For my CSS sheet I am sticking with the default template colours as this happenes to be perfect for what I need to match into my main site colour scheme anyway so that part is ok.

I am not a complete novice at CSS or html but not an expert either so please be gentle !

The second query is about the Cartegories part that goes across the top of the page below the logo and above the Ez-page header bar.

I have changed my logo etc and identified the part of teh CSS sheet I needed to edit to suit what I wantecd so no problem there but cannot seem to find what controls the Categories bit of that area of the template.

In particular, I want to change the colour of the text ! Light grey on pale yellow is not a good combination.

Where is this ? Is it a "wrapper" or am I looking for the wrong thing in the stylesheet?

The third query is about the footer bar.

I found the tpl_footer.php and the tpl_footer.php and been working at making changes in that area. Header I have changed no problem but cannot seem to get changes the the footer to work.

Again, I want to loose some of the default links and add my own.
    I am I looking at the corect file and if so, is there something else I need to do the get the changes to show ?

The fourth query is about the Copyright...... area of the template.

I don't like IP address showing so have removed that bit but would like to replace this with a small logo above the Copyright bit. How / Where do I need to add this in and how.

Sorry it's so many questions but thought it better to try and group a few things together.

Any help on this much appreciated.

CR

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with Ez-Page Header, Footer bar and Categories

Soory guys. First time posting and got it in the wrong area.

Please delete this one is you want.

Now posted in the customising area of forums.

CR

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with Ez-Page Header, Footer bar and Categories

For all questions, but especially about layout questions like these, we'll need to see a link to your site.