Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Implementing 3D Secure (Cardinal) using WPP (UK)

I think project is on the last leg anyway ..zencart 2.0 was promised more than a year back and now no card support . We do not have any new projects starting on zencart and we are moving all the older projects to new carts.

Not taking maestro cards is not an option as you are limiting customers ...ie lot of them has only a maestro debit card .

As of now we have a written our own dirty module to get card numbers if maestro is involved on some of our sites and process it manually till we migrate the shopping cart.

Plugin Contributions

I agree with the previous two posts.

I have nothing but respect for the work that the Zen cart team puts in, however, our company just cannot afford to move forward with an e-commerce solution that takes so long to adapt to critical changes in payment processing like this ( there was plenty of warning )

Our clients have lost an awful lot of real money and I have to take all the phone calls and justify zencart, this is getting harder and harder.

Plugin Contributions

I joined this discussion on 18th Nov 2009 (post #6). Very little has changed since then, and I and my company are extremely disappointed. I migrated my eCommerce website to Zen Cart in October 2009. I wanted to sponsor the project and be as active in supporting it as I possibly could. I fee very, very let down. It would have been better if someone could have told me back then that this was a low priority, i.e., unlikely to happen, fix. Is it because the Zen Cart team see this as a "UK only" issue? Why not just tell us?

In my business I try my best to manage customers' expectations as best as I can. I give the customers all the information that they need to make the best decisions for them. I really don't feel that the Zen Cart team are doing the same for us UK users.

Plugin Contributions

Its difficult to criticize the zen cart team as most of us could only begin to imagine what it is like to support a project as massive as this. I hope this post doesnt get too critical... however its difficult not to be critical when peoples incomes and livelihoods depend on this.

Plugin Contributions

Zencart is an opensource project and changes are made by the community. People volunteer their time to make changes .
    So if you want a feature , you have to develop it .

Having said that Zencart lately is an opensource project with closed source developement. A small team decides what features are needed and how developement should progress.

The problem here is , paypal should have never been a core module if the core group of developers are not able maintain it. It should have been a contributed module where people can make changes to make it work with 3D Secure.

There are 2 options ( quick fixes)
    1. hack the core /
    There is a 3d secure module available for OScommerce and you can adapt it .

2 Get the manual card processing module and write card details to a csv file and use paypal's bulk processing tool.
    ( Be very careful, if you are in UK you need to be registered with dataprotection etc to take cards manually . Security issues are there )

Onesimpleman

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FYI ... there are technical issues with the Cardinal API which we're waiting on them to sort out. An update will be posted when it's resolved and ready for release.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So it is now 2 weeks later and still no update? I have applied for 3D-Secure via Paypal and Cardinal Commerce and they had a drop down for Zen Cart... Does this mean it is now ready to go? If not, are there other payment providers out there that we can use with Zen Cart?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The majority of the technical issues appear to be resolved and we hope to post the code very soon after some feedback from PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Google checkout is a good alternative, with the same rates and no set up fees. Just no ability to pay with paypal balance. Is that all go with Zen?

Plugin Contributions

Any more updates please?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast