Plugin Contributions

Default Can I make the "add to cart" button refresh the product listing page?

I haven't been able to find an answer to this by searching the forums or the FAQ...

I have a small sidebox at the right-hand side of my page which shows the contents of the shopping cart.

I would like for the "add to cart" buttons next to each of my products to just refresh the product listing page, showing the product just added in the sidebox, instead of taking the customer to the shopping cart page. I don't want the customer to be taken to a separate shopping cart page, and have to navigate back to the product listing page if they want to add more products before checking out.

Is there a way to do this by changing some setting in the admin, or by changing something in a template file?

Thanks for any help...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I make the "add to cart" button refresh the product listing page?

Do any of your products have options?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I make the "add to cart" button refresh the product listing page?

Yes - each product has an option (a dropdown menu with 3 choices), also there is a quantity box.

Plugin Contributions

I don't want the customer to be taken to a separate shopping cart page, and have to navigate back to the product listing page if they want to add more products before checking out.

Yes - each product has an option (a dropdown menu with 3 choices), also there is a quantity box.
    They have to leave the product listing and be taken to the product detail page to make these selections
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I found a mod on another thread that would allow me to put attributes on the product listing page, but you have to go to the shopping cart each time a product is added. Is there any way to have an attribute dropdown menu on the product listing page, then have the buy it now button just add the product to the cart without taking you off the product listing?

My product listing page has a right hand column that displays the shopping cart, so I want customers to be able to add the product to their cart without ever leaving the product listing until they are ready to check out.

Plugin Contributions

Do not know how this will interact with your module

admin > my store > Display Cart After Adding Product > set to false
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes but that solution takes you back to the product info page.

What do you do to be taken back to the product listing page.