Plugin Contributions

Default error with the downloadable content, can you help?

I setup a Zen cart store at the beginning of the week, to use as an mp3 downloadable store. I followed all instructions on how to make Zen cart a downloadable store and had it working fine. However tonight when I setup a test account to see if everything was still in working order it seems it’s not. Whenever I select the track I wish to download I keep getting the following error:

Internet explorer cannot download index.php from sellbee.sslpowered.com.
    Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try later.

Like I said I have set the attributes “downloadable” and “zip file” and have selected the rite path for the content. My admin/configuration/attribute settings are:

Enable Downloads true
    Download by Redirect false
    Download by streaming false
    Download Expiration (Number of Days) 7
    Number of Downloads Allowed - Per Product 3
    Downloads Controller Update Status Value 4
    Downloads Controller Order Status Value >= lower value 2
    Downloads Controller Order Status Value <= upper value 4
    Enable Price Factor true
    Enable Qty Price Discount false
    Enable Attribute Images true
    Enable Text Pricing by word or letter false
    Text Pricing - Spaces are Free 1
    Read Only option type - Ignore for Add to Cart 1

Witch basically I haven’t touched they were the default settings. So after endless switching and changing between these setting to see if I could get the download working I have obviously hit a wall! I have also change the permissions of the zip files in my ftp client to see if that would work but still no look. This to me is really strange as like I said it was working just fine at the beginning of the week. I haven’t attempted to move my downloads folder yet but I don’t think that could be the cause. On the error message I get it says "cant download index.php." But im not trying to download that im trying to download a zip file from my download folder.
    So if anyone could just advise anything else I could try, I would be mostly grateful. Its seems I run in to one problem after another using Zen cart at it really annoys me. I suppose that I’m doing ok though as I have never really worked with html, coding, etc. So hope you can help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error with the downloadable content, can you help?

Where is your store?
    credentials for a test customer
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Where is your store?
    credentials for a test customer
    my store is htttp://www.basslineheaven.org

like i say i cant understand why this has started happening all of a sudden when it was working just fine at the beginning of the week.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like you've got your HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER settings all mixed up in your configure.php files, which suggests that maybe it worked fine before you muddled with SSL settings.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Looks like you've got your HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER settings all mixed up in your configure.php files, which suggests that maybe it worked fine before you muddled with SSL settings.
    yeah that happens because i setup another url with my web host provider for my other store wich was the sellbee address (main user) and made a secondary address for the basslineheaven store, would this realy affect the downloads? or is because when i first setup the store i changed the configure.php to match my site name rather than have sellbee pop up in the browser. I changed it back after a while as any vistors kept getting the warning ssl certificate un trusted. Honestly now you bring this up i think that may be the problem.... im looking at changing my host anyway so i'l reinstall zen cart. Thanks for your help, 1 more question on the downloads folder what permissions are recommened for customers to download from there?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by digital-dj View Post
    1 more question on the downloads folder what permissions are recommened for customers to download from there?
    Related FAQs: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...terms=download

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.