Plugin Contributions

Default Enable Links for Parent Categories in Categories Sidebox

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I can't seem to find any specific postings on this subject and wish to enable links to Parent Categories so that they open to the categories page. Currently only subcategories with products in them will open to category pages.

I don't know if this is a Zen-Cart configuration issue or if it is within one of the add-ons... I am using the YahooTreeMenu with AJAX.

Any help or guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Enable Links for Parent Categories in Categories Sidebox

Do you mean that you want categories with subcats to show a listing of the products in the subcats? I believe yellow1912 has a mod for this - search the forum.
    Note: all_subcats_products in the Simple Categories Tree thread is not for what you want (and requires knowledge of the latest coding practices, too).
    Someone has posted about this, so look around.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Do you mean that you want categories with subcats to show a listing of the products in the subcats? I believe yellow1912 has a mod for this - search the forum.
    Note: all_subcats_products in the Simple Categories Tree thread is not for what you want (and requires knowledge of the latest coding practices, too).
    Someone has posted about this, so look around.
    gjh42, thank you but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Perhaps I need to rephrase... In the Navigation Side Box, if I click on a Top Level (parent) category, all it does is expand the menu to show me the subcategories. I can only open categories/subcategories that have products listed in them.

If I use the Navigation bar at the top of my site (below logo) it will take me to a new page for that category. That's what I want my Sidebox Navigation to do...and the more I think about it the more I think it might be a YahooTreeMenu issue...

If you want, you can take a look at my site here to see what I mean.

Thanks again for your reply.

MrsQ

Plugin Contributions

Just in case anyone else is having this problem, I found the solution and I was right, it is the YahooTreeMenu... the answer is in the readme file. (Shame on me for not looking there first, and shame on you if you're reading this first... lol