Plugin Contributions

Default Can not Delete Orders or Customers in Admin

We are using Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Patch: 1:
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2008-06-19 23:24:39] (Fresh Installation)

In the past I was always able to go to Orders or Customers in the admin highlight an order or customer click delete and then confirm delete and the item was deleted. Now when I go to delete and order or customer, nothing happens and I return to the mail admin page.

Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Thanks
    Stephen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can not Delete Orders or Customers in Admin

Sounds like you have installed the recent security patch except for the updated /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem. I want to delete myself as a customer in ZC, but it does not work. I have lost the login password for this old account & need to create a new account so I can check to see how my PayPal is working. So I go to Customers tab, click on Customers & highlight my name, then click “Delete” and am asked “Delete Customer - Are you sure you want to delete this customer?”, I answer yes, but the account never IS deleted, it continues to appear in all areas. I see your comment “Sounds like you have installed the recent security patch except for the updated /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file.”, but I do see this file is there. Can you clue me in further?

Plugin Contributions

I have this same problem with deleting customers. I have to take note of their customer id number and go to that particular page and delete them from there. It's a pain, but it is the only thing that works for me. I am using 1.3.8. I have around 5500 customers and sometimes we have a customer that signed up several years ago and they will ask to be removed. I can't just search for them and delete them that way. I have to note their customer id number and then find that page and delete them from there.

We have also noticed that customers cannot log in with the new passwords that are sent to them. The only way I have found to help the customer is to delete them (via the lengthy process) and set them back up again myself and make up a password for them. Really a pain. As far as I know, I have installed all the security patches for my version. I have tried changing customer passwords with my master password and that doesn't work either. I am wondering if my host has something to do with this or if it is a zen thing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shantiimports View Post
    I see your comment “Sounds like you have installed the recent security patch except for the updated /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file.”, but I do see this file is there. Can you clue me in further?
    Although there may be a file there, is the the version that came with the security patch? You can tell from the last modified date on your server or from the ID in the file's header.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)