I've searched the forum and realize there are some options -- but most would involve my reconfiguring all shipping on over 50 products which I would prefer not to have to do.

My client has introduced a cookie of the month subscription program -- for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. She would like to assign a flat rate shipping amount to this category only such that each of the 3, 6, 9 or 12 packages sent out would be charged a $13.50 rate (so 3 months would be 3 x 13.50, etc).

All other items in the entire store are calculated based on product weight and working great (more or less) with UPS shipping.

HOWEVER, for this item, there are likely to be multiple (gift) recipients and with no way to calculate shipping for individual recipients, she is hoping to flat rate it so the average overall would balance out in the end. (additional recipients info would be filled in the comments box on checkout)

Building this rate into the product price is not an option as she feels the customer would be "put off" by the high price up front. I had already set it up by total weight, but she's concerned again about actual shipping variants (because of the unknown locations).

Is there a plugin to assign shipping to specific products/categories that will resolve this for us? THANKS :)