Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Suddenly Stopped Working on my Store

I'm using v1.3.8a and PayPal Express Checkout was working on my store. The last good transaction was on 8/30. On 9/11 and 9/14, two customers used PayPal and the sale lists them as check/money order. I do not accept check/money order.

I've contacted PayPal and they do not show the transaction on my account and do not show it pending on the customer's account.

Each transaction created 2 log files. From what I can see, it seems that valid transaction creates 3 log file.

I'm using GoDaddy hosting and have not changed anything in the last month.

Ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Stopped Working

In Admin->Modules->Payment, you have a list of all the payment modules available on your site.
    Some of those are not "installed" for use by you. (good)
    Some are "installed" and fully configured and operational. (good)
    And some you've likely left "installed" but have changed their "Enabled?" setting to "false". This leaves them available but turned off. And, some people have reported occasionally having PayPal or other modules mistakenly switch to one of those "Enabled=false" modules. The solution is to go into those modules and click "Remove". ie: if you're not going to use a module, click "Remove" so that it's removed from the list of things the store has to keep track of.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The only payment module installed is PayPal Express. All the others were removed. This is how I've always had it configured.

In these 2 cases, both customers said they used PayPal to checkout (the only option available). The email notification sent shows the orders as being 'check/money order' and even sends the customer the address to send the check to. However, they did not select that option (since it is not available).

In the log files for PayPal in my store, I can see that the transaction started, but I do not have the log file with the actual completed transaction ID in it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You won't see the 3rd log file if the last step was completed by a different module. ie: if the check/moneyorder module is on but disabled and somehow got triggered by mistake

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You won't see the 3rd log file if the last step was completed by a different module. ie: if the check/moneyorder module is on but disabled and somehow got triggered by mistake
    I've double checked, and the only module on is the paypal express checkout module.

Any way to determine what might have happened? I do not get that many sales and do not want to lose what little I get.

Thanks for you help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What I've described is the only situation where I've ever seen what you reported, hence the suggested solution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
    I've double checked, and the only module on is the paypal express checkout module.

Any way to determine what might have happened? I do not get that many sales and do not want to lose what little I get.

Thanks for you help.
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem, and the only activated module is Paypal Express Checkout. I'm using Zen Cart 1.3.8a. Any ideas please. Note that the Check/Money Order Module are disabled. When I click on remove to remove it, it says install, that means it has been removed successfully, but when I go back to Admin ->Modules->Payment and I click on this module, I see in the right sideboxe that this module is installed and give the choice either to edit it or to remove it .

So, obviously the problem is removing this module. What is going on? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.