Plugin Contributions

Default Default Attributes for Category or Add Attributes when Creating Products

Is it possible to set the default attributes for a specific category so that when I create a new product the attributes are automatically configured/added to the product?

If not, is it possible (maybe a mod I can't find) to add attributes to the Product Listing when creating, so when I give it a name, date available, price, description, image, etc. I can choose Attributes as well?

I have three custom attributes that will go on every product. Custom Initials, Chain Length and Chain Ball Size, all having to do with custom necklaces. I have had trouble copying to entire category, but I was able to get the "Copy to Product" to work today, but it's a hassle going through each product.

Be GREAT if there was a default I could just set so that when I add a new necklace, bingo it's in there!

Any suggestion or new ideas to how I'm doing this would be appreciated as always, thanks!

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Default Attributes for Category or Add Attributes when Creating Products

Not sure that this exists but a mod might be out there.

However, you can make global changes in attribute controller >> option names. Right down at the bottom of the page and read the warning about backing up the database!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Default Attributes for Category or Add Attributes when Creating Products

I already have it on all my existing products, I am looking for new products that I add. Would love it if I could just have it add automatically when a new product is created. Seems like a fairly common and useful tool to have, so I was surprised to not be able to find it. I would think that people using attributes would need something like this often.