Plugin Contributions

Default account creation success blank page

I have searched for all comments re. this issue, I have looked for blank lines at the bottom of the relevant files, and I have installed the debugging tool which reports this info:
    [21-Sep-2009 12:19:49] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/beulahflyrods.com/httpdocs/store/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_create_account_success_default.php on line 26

I have compared the file to the file on other sites I have which work, and I can't find any difference.

Basically upon new account creation, the data is added to the database, it is available from admin, but the account creation success page is not displaying the account info (it shows: HEADING_TITLE
    TEXT_ACCOUNT_CREATED
    PRIMARY_ADDRESS_TITLE ), and if I hit the Continue button, it takes me to the front page of the store, whereupon I can go back to my cart and successfully purchase the item.

As far as I know I've only done the standard customizations.

thank you for any help,
    Michael

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: account creation success blank page

This is not a bug in the default Zen Cart files. It must be something wrong with an addon you've installed or failed FTP uploads of one or more files.

Quote Originally Posted by perfcomp View Post
    [21-Sep-2009 12:19:49] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/beulahflyrods.com/httpdocs/store/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_create_account_success_default.php on line 26
    That line of that file is dealing with displaying the address details that the customer entered.
    If you're getting that error, then the usual account-creation process has failed to set up the required info for the template to display. This would almost certainly be a result of a poorly-written addon which alters the usual create-account process, and/or a damaged copy of the /includes/modules/create_account.php file and/or a customized version of /includes/modules/YOUR_CUSTOMIZATION/create_account.php file.

Quote Originally Posted by perfcomp View Post
    Basically upon new account creation, the data is added to the database, it is available from admin, but the account creation success page is not displaying the account info (it shows: HEADING_TITLE
    TEXT_ACCOUNT_CREATED
    PRIMARY_ADDRESS_TITLE )
    Getting the names of UPPERCASE CONSTANTS showing instead of their defined values is a classic symptom of either missing, damaged or poorly-edited language files applicable to the page in question. Check all the files in /includes/languages/ including the master files as well as other languages you've installed, and also all customizations you've made to all the language files in override folders.

Moving this discussion out of the Bug Reports section.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your help. I replaced the entire includes/english/ directory and the english.php file, and /includes/modules/create_account.php file, but no change. Short of doing an entire new installation, can you make a further recommendation for me?
    thank you,
    Michael
    Last edited by perfcomp; 21 Sep 2009 at 08:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just want to close this thread with the resolution. I couldn't find the incriminating file, so I backed up the database using phpmyadmin, downloadied the .sql file to my computer. Did a fresh download of ZC, deleted installation on server, uploaded new downloaded ZC, changed permissions, uploaded my customized files and art work, used phpmyadmin to upload the sql file, and everything worked fine. It was faster and easier than trying to find the exact problem.

Thanks again for your help.
    Michael