Plugin Contributions

help question Have PayPal Website Payments Pro - Still getting customer CC info!

I recently upgraded to the PayPal Website Payments Pro, and have integrated it into my Zen Cart system (1.3.8 updated from 1.3.7)

I have been receiving orders, and PayPal has been processing the credit cards, but my zen cart is still receiving the first and last 4 digits of the customers card # as well as the expiry date. Should this be happening?

Also, there was a customer who purchased with a cc, and paypal processed it and I have the money in my pp account, but Zen didn't send me an email notification of the order (and I'm now wondering if it sent one to the customer). I just happened to find it while processing another order.

One more thing; when I log into my PayPal account, there's a "Next Steps" box, and inside is written "Integrate Website Payments Pro". I'm wondering if I missed a step in the integration, which is why I'm still getting some of the cc number and still telling me to integrate!

I'm wondering if someone could shed some light on the situation?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Have PayPal Website Payments Pro - Still getting customer CC info!

Quote Originally Posted by dejap View Post
    when I log into my PayPal account, there's a "Next Steps" box, and inside is written "Integrate Website Payments Pro".
    That should go away after you successfully process a Website Payments Pro transaction.
    If it doesn't, you should log a support ticket with PayPal at www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am getting this too. I contacted Paypal about it and they said it was my fault. I didn't touch the code. I just installed it by pushing the install button in the module section. If anyone fixed this please let me know what you did. Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

I found this forum: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128204

Is this correct to say that it is ok to store some information? My store doesn't store all of the numbers just the first and last 4 plus the expiration date.

Please advise. Why would Paypal says that this is my fault? Thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't store full credit card numbers when using any of its built-in payment modules.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So I have nothing to worry about, correct? What a relief!