Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Zen Cart 1.3.8 with PHP 5.2.11 - Problem logging into Admin page.

Hello,

We have Zen Cart 1.3.8a installed on a Solaris 10 server (Sparc processor) which has Apache httpd 2.2.13, MySQL 5.1.37 and PHP 5.2.9.

We recently tried upgrading to PHP 5.2.11, but when we do so, we lose the ability to login to the Admin page of Zen Cart. The login page comes up, we enter username and password, click Login, but then the Login page just reloads with blank username and password fields.

If we downgrade to PHP 5.2.9, everything works just fine.

In the apache server log, we see the following:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'queryFactory' not found in /path/to/zen/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 54, referer: http: / /oursite/admin/login.php

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this or what we need to do to fix it?

We are trying to make our server PCI compliant, and in order to do so, need to be running PHP 5.2.11.

Thanks, in advance.

Doug

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart 1.3.8 with PHP 5.2.11 - Problem logging into Admin page.

i've upgrade locally to php 5.2.11 without any problems.

Are you retaining the same php.ini as your 5.2.9 version when you do the upgrade. ?

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure, wilt. Someone else (to whom I've sent a link to this thread) is doing the upgrades. Should we be retaining the same php.ini file or not?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

hi,

My only concern was that if a new php.ini had been installed, that it may have had settings changed that affected Zen Carts ability to run correctly, especially changes to any of the ini session settings.

Plugin Contributions

dsdavis,

Were you able to fix the issue with php v5.2.11? I'm having the exact same problem (while running CentOS 5.2 on a Slicehost vps), and am not sure how to downgrade php, aside from yum removing it and installing from source (ugh, huge pain, really want to avoid).

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I have just had this exact same issue and the hosting compnay have agreed to move the site onto a server running older mysql software.

Plugin Contributions

Bumped into this issue lastnight on upgrade to 5.2.11. On our installation we also upgraded APC to 3.0.19. Disabling APC made the problem go away. The only place affected seemed to be admin sessions, customers could continue to use the store without having a problem. There is a bug filed in APC claiming a known deconstruction problem and a php fix using register_shutdown_function. In the process of downgrading to 5.2.9 to hopefully re-enable APC.

Plugin Contributions

You may want to check this post

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=26

I had a client who had a similar problem this solved it....... also if they have moved servers you may want to recheck the physical path in the two configue.php and also run this

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=82

delete this file after that.
    Vipin Shetty
    Cleon Technologies

Plugin Contributions

As DrByte had noted there is a known technical approach to the problem, the easy fix from 2006 is in 1.3.8. I had originally figured it was due to the heavy modification of the sites so I did a clean install and had the same problem which was when I started digging deeper. It's kind of funny because if you are persistent and try to keep logging in you will eventually get in when the deconstruction takes the route we want it to. I just found that 9/10 times it doesn't. I might be willing to put up with it to get APC running again if I knew it was only in the admin section but then drop downs and other session based tasks are broken as well.
    Again, in our server environment this was fixed by disabling APC.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi,

you may also want to try this.

In admin/includes/functions/general.php
    in the function zen_redirect circa line 29

directly after the line

PHP Code:
    header('Location: ' $url); 
    add

PHP Code:
    session_write_close(); 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast