Plugin Contributions

Default How can I install new live server files when I'm using a server on my own computer?

This may seem a silly question but...

I have installed wamp2 on my computer and loaded zencart classic and all is well. Now I wish to change templates and used to ftp the new files. How can I install the new files when I am using a server on my own computer

Sorry for being so stupid but no IT training only the help of some great people on this forum.
    Stephen.
    - ZenCart v:1.3.9h - Template: Simply_Kerrin- Column layout grid. v:1.3.6 - big royal mail. v:2.3.4 - stock by attributes 4.7 - Logo Sidebox - SitemapXML v2s.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I install new live server files when I'm using a server on my own compute

If you are setting up templates on your own computer, you only need to drag-and-drop files directly via Windows Explorer (or some other file manager) into the relevant Zen Cart directory. This is because all directories/files are on the same computer.

To set up templates on a remote host (e.g. a server computer on the Internet), you will likely use an FTP client software. The FTP client software will then transfer the files from your local computer to the remote computer which are two different computers.

A popular FTP client software is FileZilla.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I install new live server files when I'm using a server on my own compute

Many thanks, new template loaded
    Stephen.
    - ZenCart v:1.3.9h - Template: Simply_Kerrin- Column layout grid. v:1.3.6 - big royal mail. v:2.3.4 - stock by attributes 4.7 - Logo Sidebox - SitemapXML v2s.

Plugin Contributions

Take that, you sweet thing!

Plugin Contributions

hi i had downloaded the filezilla.
    Then what can i do after that?
    cause this is my first time using zen cart and i want to change the zen cart template..I totally dont know how to use it.

Plugin Contributions

To change the look of your Zen Cart store, you will need to understand the concept of Templates and Overrides. More information can be found in the related Tutorials/FAQs section.

Filezilla is used when you wish to transfer files between your remote host and your local PC so your changes can be reflected on the store running on your remote host.

For instructions on FileZilla's usage, you can refer to their documentation page here.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store