Ok I have done some searching and im not quite sure if any of the results i found apply to me.

I made my zencart and added several products. A lot of these items we sell on ebay, with "Free Shipping in the US" but not ALL of our products are free shipping in the US. just special items that we have a particularly high profit margin on.

For starters I put a weight in for every part. Then i used the table rate shipping module to setup 3 zones. US, Canada, and Everything Else. Then I had 3 seperate pricing tables for those 3 zones. (just like my ebay auctions). That worked Great but then i went through and started putting a 0 weight for the items i wanted to ship for free in the US.
At first, I figured, I will just enter a Zero weight on the items i want free shipping on, and then it will not add any shipping to the checkout process for that item.

that worked fine for me till I had an international customer purchase something with free shipping (problem).

So my question is, how can i have definable multiple shipping tables for US, Canada, and Everything else...but still be able to make SOME products but NOT ALL products, free shipping in the united states only?

Please let me know if this is possible,
Thanks