Plugin Contributions

help question WARNING: Security hash problem

Guys A customer told me after these error these is my first sale and I look every were to see if you mention these error but can't find any I went to look and make a purchase my self and I got it as well

WARNING: Security hash problem. Please contact store-owner immediately. Your order has *not* been fully authorized.

here are my details v1.3.8 [2009-09-23 22:23:42] (Version Update 1.3.7->1.3.8)

Nothing else have been change or add other than stylesheets Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: Message

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: Security hash problem

I still in the testing mode of an Authorize.net setup and am receiving this same error message. I configured it by using the link posted above by DrByte, but as it said the MD5 Hash was OPTIONAL, I skipped it at first.

As I received the exact error message described by euroxtreme I decided to add that security, but I still get the error. Any other hints? I don't want to take it out of Test Mode until I'm sure a user won't get that error.

Plugin Contributions

RESOLVED. Sorry, just after I clicked the submit button I realized I never told the CART what the hash value was. When I did that, all is well. Sorry for taking up the bandwidth.

Default Re: WARNING: Message

Step 6: Enter your MD5 Hash, if you have set one up.

Where? There are two unlabeled blank boxes. I assume the first one as these instructions go in order but it seems weird that the fields are not labeled. And what is the other unlabeled field, anyway? It;s right above Debug Mode.

Ah. Another thread on this topic said to uninstall and reinstall the modules for payment and shipping upon upgrading. Perhaps that should be mentioned in the wonderful tutorial. Now all works. :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sobebabies View Post
    Ah. Another thread on this topic said to uninstall and reinstall the modules for payment and shipping upon upgrading. Perhaps that should be mentioned in the wonderful tutorial. Now all works. :)
    The uninstall-and-reinstall alert is splashed all over all the upgrade documentation supplied with the Zen Cart files and in the forum announcements of new versions, which apparently I don't need to bother writing anyway since evidently nobody reads them.

We are hoping to remove the need to uninstall/reinstall after upgrades starting with the next release after v2.0, so hopefully the issue that prompted you to write will be moot.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.