Hi all.

I'm very new to Zen Cart (and PHP) and have found these forums invaluable while customising the look and feel of a new site, so here I am to try and give a little back

One modification I wanted was to have the product count suffixed to the Category rows, just like the one in the Category Sidebox. I couldn't find the answer so I decided to roll my own by cutting bits and pieces from around the place.

Works in version 1.3.8a

File to edit: includes/modules/YOUR_OVERLOAD/category_row.php

Change line 40 from:
PHP Code:

$list_box_contents
[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="categoryListBoxContents"' ' ' 'style="width:' $col_width '%;"',

'text' => '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT$cPath_new) . '">' zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES $categories->fields['categories_image'], $categories->fields['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTHSUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' $categories->fields['categories_name'] . '</a>'); 
To:
PHP Code:
      $products_in_category zen_count_products_in_category($categories->fields['categories_id']);

$content_count "";

if (
SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
        if ((
CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO == '1' and $products_in_category == 0) or $products_in_category >= 1) {

$content_count .= '&nbsp;' CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX $products_in_category CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX;
        }
      }

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="categoryListBoxContents"' ' ' 'style="width:' $col_width '%;"',

'text' => '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT$cPath_new) . '">' zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES $categories->fields['categories_image'], $categories->fields['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTHSUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' $categories->fields['categories_name'] . '</a>' $content_count); 
HTH
Dave