Thread: MAP Pricing

Plugin Contributions

Default MAP Pricing

Does anyone have a module that allows you to mark products as too low to show price, allow the user to email for the price and then be emailed the price with a link that allows them to buy at that price.

This is to comply with MAP policies of manufacturers.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MAP Pricing

Did you try looking in the "Free Addons" area?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did you try looking in the "Free Addons" area?
    yes i did

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, you didn't search it for "map" then?
    I just typed "map" in the search box and this link came up: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=158

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So, you didn't search it for "map" then?
    I just typed "map" in the search box and this link came up: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=158
    Yeah, saw that, it's a different approach.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay.
    I'm glad you've now added a slight bit more clarification to what you're looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Okay.
    I'm glad you've now added a slight bit more clarification to what you're looking for.
    That one does show price after adding it to the cart.

What I need is one that has a "click to email for price" and the user gets sent back and email with the price and a link to buy it at that price.

Thought my first post was pretty specific.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fair enough. Perhaps it was.
    But it didn't include any indication that you'd already checked out the one I knew of. So, I simply suggested it again. Had I known it wasn't satisfactory to you, I would have left it alone and moved on, which I'm doing now.
    Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

snip snip snippy.....

Anyway, there isn't a mod that will do that, you will need to modify another one or create/pay for one to suit your needs(which of course we would hope you would share with the greater community)

I think that a starting place might be the ask a question about this item mod, you would need to modify it slightly to get it to have the features and functionality that you need.

We use the MAP module and haven't had any complaints from manufacturers(yet). I don't know where it would violate general MAP policy since you are not displaying the real price until they have it in their cart before purchase. At some point they are going to see your real price, right?

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!