Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Edit Order Mods Tax problem

Hi,
    I have installed the Edit orders mod and have basically 2 tax classes at 4% and 12.5%.

When I click on the details button and then update the order. The order total is affected as now the 2 differnt tax amounts calculated at 4% and 12.5% for different items get added up and I basically get 2 tax amounts equal to 4+12.5=16.5% whereby making the order total incorrect. The pics below show the actual invoice and then the invoice after I update. Please help

Thanks in advance
    neel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ORG1.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	6564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ORG2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	6565  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Order Mods Tax problem

please advice. I uploaded the edit order mod to a new installation and the same error was there too.

Please help. Thanks a ton

Plugin Contributions

did you get this resolved? I have had this issue for over a year and have also posted this for help with no success. Please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

No still not resolved. i am surprised no one is able to help. usually the forum is quite helpful.

Unfortunately, edit orders does not support multiple taxes. You can lump your two taxes together and it will work fine. Otherwise, edit orders is not for you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    Unfortunately, edit orders does not support multiple taxes. You can lump your two taxes together and it will work fine. Otherwise, edit orders is not for you.

uh no !!!

Plugin Contributions

I also have a tax problem. But I only have 1 tax class and the tax is calculated incorrectly:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139252
    Not sure if you are familiar with this problem.

ferid -- I've read the post over several times now that you made, and I must admit, I still don't get it. How is it possible that you subtotal is less than one of your items? Did you use a coupon or something? But...usually coupons happen after the subtotal and are reflected in the total....I just don't get it.

Anyway, regardless, I think I can clear up how taxes work:

Each item is assigned its own tax rate for an order. So, each item is calculated for that tax rate. The subtotal is completely ignored as far as taxes are concerned. Something is causing your subtotal to be less than the cost of the item. Hence, edit orders is calculating the tax based on your item NOT the subtotal. It does this so that you can charge different tax rates for different items. (Of course, the total tax is lumped together as one tax below the subtotal no matter how many tax rates you have. Hence the earlier problem in this thread where someone wanted to separate taxes into two line items instead of one.) I believe that is the problem you are having. This is how the mod was designed to work -- v1 and v2 both do this.

I think this example will help many people who are having tax issues. There is no perfect way to deal with taxes when editing an order -- so sacrifices have to be made. The way Zen Cart was designed orders were not meant to be edited, so edit orders has to take some liberties. Here's an example of how this works:

Item A $100 @ 15% Tax = $15 Tax
    Item B $200 @ 20% Tax = $40 Tax
    Subtotal: $300
    Coupon $15 off
    Tax: $10 @ 10% Tax = $1 Tax
    Tax VAT 1: $56
    Tax VAT 2: $56

Notice that the two taxes take the same value -- the total tax for the order. Also notice that the coupon and subtotal have no effect on taxes. If you want this scenario to work, you'd need to do the following:

Item A $85 @ 15% Tax = $12.75 Tax (Instead of coupon, subtract $15 from item. Then, it applies taxes based on that tax rate!)
    Item B $200 @ 20% Tax = $40 Tax
    Subtotal: $285 (Subtotal changes because price of item changed.)
    Coupon NONE
    Tax: $10 @ 10% Tax = $1 Tax
    Tax All VAT Combined: $53.75 (Only one tax type is defined that combines all taxes, no matter what rate, together.)

Notice, this works much better because the coupon is folded into an item, and then takes that items tax rate. Plus, only one tax is defined that acts as a catch all for ALL taxes.

You can easily see the dilemmas with edit orders --- which items fall under what tax rates? Where do these taxes go, the first or second tax type? What tax rate do coupons take? Etc.... Much of this data is not stored in the database once an order is placed -- Zen Cart is really not designed to edit orders. Hence, there is no perfect solution. Edit orders strives to do its best, but it will not work correctly in all situations. The more conventional and simple you situation is, the more likely everything will work fine with tax calculations. If not, you may have to figure workarounds out like I did here if you want to use edit orders. If you have more than one tax line for an order -- it simply won't work at all. Edit orders was designed for one tax line per order. Hope this explanation helps!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply.
    I don't use coupons and only one tax rate (19%).
    The item total you see in all three cases is inc. tax. The subtotal in the first case is also inc. tax. But the other two examples, where the subtotal is lower than the item total, the subtotal shows ex tax. This happens as soon as I edit a order. I don't know why.
    If you calculate 0,85*1,19=1,01
    The shipping costs (standaard), €1,00 is show inc. tax. The module shouldn't calculate 19% over the €1,00 (1*0,19) but should calculate the tax that is in €1,00: 1/1,19*0,19

Maybe I am seeing this all wrong or I just don't get it...

Ferid
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How on earth did you get Zen Cart to show the subtotal including tax? It shouldn't. Tax is added after the subtotal in Zen Cart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast