Plugin Contributions

Default Heartland Payment Systems - any news on a module?

Hello!
    I have a movie theater client who recently switched their brick and mortar ticket system to use Heartland Payment systems as their credit card processor. They then wanted to switch their online sales to Heartland too so that they had one vendor for everything (they had been using a Miva Merchant shopping cart with PayPal Pro before). The theater's Heartland rep told me that they do not work with Miva and that I should install an open source cart, such as Zen cart. I did this and got the store to the theater's liking and now want to take the processing part live. Heartland then proceeded to tell me that they do not really support any third party cart and the only way to integrate is through a set of iFrames that can be put on web pages. I walked through their convoluted instructions, but I don't see how this technique will work at all with Zen cart's features, such as the user accounts or very nice checkout screens. I'd have to bypass all that. I am very frustrated with Heartland and I am desperately hoping that some other Zen cart user may have found a solution or module to work with Heartland. In a thread from earlier this year, someone talked about a possible module...can anyone help me please?
    Thank you!!
    -Catherine

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Heartland Payment Systems - any news on a module?

Heartland can process using the Authorize.net OR PayPal Pro gateways... your choice. From what Heartland told me, less than 2000 transactions per month makes Auth.net more cost effective. Greater than 2000 transactions per month makes PPPro more cost effective.

That setup was pretty straight forward. I received an email from Heartland with the links for the Auth.net setup and an email for the HPS setup. 10 minutes later, I was in testing mode.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Heartland also offers a proprietary gateway that they often push to save their clients more money. There is an API kit available for developers if you request it from them to become an approved partner (its basically some NDAs and technical info). If one of us has some extra time to develop a module for it, it would likely be worth it - Heartland is now the 5th largest payment processor. Interesting stuff.

Plugin Contributions

That's interesting. Heartland told me about that but could not show any websites that were successfully utilizing their gateway.

Not being fluent in development language, the Auth.net was an easier implementation, though would prefer to use the HPS gateway whenever someone more knowledgable finds the time to develop a module.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    That's interesting. Heartland told me about that but could not show any websites that were successfully utilizing their gateway.

Not being fluent in development language, the Auth.net was an easier implementation, though would prefer to use the HPS gateway whenever someone more knowledgable finds the time to develop a module.
    Thanks RixStix, You are right actually. Heartland is kind of odd lately - it is probably possible to create a working gateway module for their proprietary gateway, but even their own internal people admit it's a lot of work - so when I recently asked a Heartland rep for a list of supported shopping cart software, they just came back with - just use Authorize.net or Paypal - otherwise it's too much trouble for that merchant to develop a custom module. So I guess the answer must be that there is no list of out of the box supported software.