Default Text Box Attribute - text not wrapping in shopping cart

I have products with text fields so people can add personal messages. However, even though the text appears to wrap in IE, it's not wrapping when the item is added to cart, so the shopping cart is distorted, as all the text shows on one line. This happens in Firefox, too (although Firefox never shows a text wrap in the attributes box at all - I figure this is a Firefox issue.)

Text is set to 35 characters long; 300 characters maximum. I also have an a modification in place that keeps the script from going crazy when someone uses an apostrophe.

Help on this would be very appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Text Box Attribute - text not wrapping in shopping cart

Have you an URL to this Product that we could perhaps see this?

I do not know of a problem with single or double quotes or issues where the paragraphs do not break correctly in IE or FireFox ...

I am not sure what kinds of customizations you have made to this, but I have not seen a need for it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

I am going to give you the url to the Faith Creations website, as I see they have this problem also. And since I've benefitted from some of their posts, I want to promote them a bit:

FaithCreationsPostcard

Just type a long string of characters in the box, but don't use the return/enter button at any time. Add the item to cart, and you will see in the shopping cart.

And yes, there is a forum post/fix for the quote issue - it happens only if you have Supertracker installed.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I see may paragraph of text wrap ...

The only time it doesn't wrap is if you do not add spaces but then I have never seen a paragraph without spaces ...

If I make multiple paragraphs, it breaks them the way I do ...

How do you think this should work?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

You're right - I never noticed there was a difference w/ spaces. Was afraid my customers may have been looking at a weirdly stretched-out page all this time, but I guess it was ok! I suppose with no spaces it treats the characters as one long word, so it doesn't break across the page.

Plugin Contributions

I am looking for a shopping cart that I can get relevant information using text boxes. Are these text boxes easy to set up with each product using Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Text Attributes can be setup in the Option Names for anything that you need them for ...

For multiple ones per Product, set them up with a Sort Order in the order that you want them displayed ... I like to number by 10s so I can easily update things at a later date ...

You might download the Zen Cart v1.3.8 and install it with the test data to see how Zen Cart works and various Attributes are setup with Option Names and Option Values for examples ...

There is an additional method for the TEXT attributes where you can EDIT an Option Name, after it has been setup, and change the Rows, for example, to 5 and the Maximum, for example, to 500, and you would get a TEXTAREA out of this that is 5 rows high and allow up to 500 characters ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Linda. Very helpful.

The text boxes in ZenCart work really well for me.

I don't know if you're aware though, that a new version of ZC should be coming out relatively soon. From what I understand, this will require us to rebuild our templates. So you may want to hold off on permanent install if you are planning to do a lot of customization.