Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mulitple flat rate shipping charges

I want to have only a tiered style of flat rate shipping in my store, but can't seem to figure it out. I've read thru the thread, and don't seem to find one that explains what I am looking for. As an example:

from .01 to 5.00 free shipping
    from 5.01 to 29.99 $7.50 shipping
    from 30.00 to 49.99 $10.00 shipping
    from 50.00 to 100.00 $15.00 shipping
    101.00 & over Free shipping

Is there a simple way to set this up. Please explain very simply, as I really do not understand the computer jargon nor HTML...
    Thanks bunches.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mulitple flat rate shipping charges

You would want to look at either the Table Rate table or Zone Rate zones shipping modules to build this method of shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You would want to look at either the Table Rate table or Zone Rate zones shipping modules to build this method of shipping ...

Ok Ajeh~
    You have in your midst, the Queen of DUH....
    Could you (VERY simply.... please) explain in more detail?
    When I went to the area in which you refer, I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do there... So sorry..

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and install the Table Rate table shipping module ...

Set it to use:
    5.00:0.00,29.99:7.50,49.99:10.00,100.00:15.00, 10000:0.00
    And set to base this on Price ...

You do have a choice if you want the 2nd Free Shipping to read Free Shipping by going to Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping and turning on Free Shipping on Orders over 101.00 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar probelm in that I just want Flat rates regardless of nuber of itme or weight or value.
    ie UK £4.00
    EU £12.00
    US/CA and rest of world £15.00

I have set modules to Price and then set the values for each zone above to:
    500:4.00
    500:12.00
    500:15.00

...on the basis that most order are going to be well under £500.

However price doesnt chage if I put a EU or US address AND I get shipping option box asking customer to choose
    'Flat' £4.00
    'Per iItem' £12.00
    'Per Unit' £45.00

WHat am I doing wrong.....I have the manual but cannot figure it out.
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

Tink I have resolved my problem.....instead of basing at flat rate I just used zone rates...and it seems ok now.....
    HOWEVER....one of the zones is EU. Is there any way of specifying this instead of all the individual countries?

Plugin Contributions

Zone Rate zones is based on the Country, so you need to specify each of the Countries you want included in this ...
    Linda McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and install the Table Rate table shipping module ...

Set it to use:

And set to base this on Price ...

You do have a choice if you want the 2nd Free Shipping to read Free Shipping by going to Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping and turning on Free Shipping on Orders over 101.00 ...
    Ajeh~
    Something is very wrong... I set this up as you said, exept that I changed the charge for shipping, but kept with the same formula.
    I just received an order for $96.00 and the shipping charge only showed $1.00. This dollar, I discovered was from a handling charge I had set up in the UPS module. Shipping should have come up as $11.75 (new charge for this amount). I also changed free shipping at $124.99 in the Order totals...Shipping ot_shipping.
    I need to be able to figure this out before I loose any profit because of the shipping.
    BTW, if this helps, they paid using Google Check Out. Thanks for all the help you've given my so far. I really do appreciate it.

julz

from .01 to 5.00 free shipping
    from 5.01 to 29.99 $7.50 shipping
    from 30.00 to 49.99 $10.00 shipping
    from 50.00 to 100.00 $15.00 shipping
    101.00 & over Free shipping

Plugin Contributions

I am not familiar with Google Checkout but the other day there was a post about shipping and Google Checkout ...

Sounds like something is not configured correctly with your add on ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=juliartz;748303]I want to have only a tiered style of flat rate shipping in my store, but can't seem to figure it out. I've read thru the thread, and don't seem to find one that explains what I am looking for. As an example:

HI

We have a similar situation, but we use a flat rate for different "types" of shipping. We only charge ONE shipping charge regardless of the number of items the customer purchases

Examples:

Software Download $ 0.00
    US Postal First Class $ 6.00
    US Postal Priority Mail $ 7.95
    UPS @nd Day Air $12.00
    UPS Next Day AIR $22.00

And etc

The Flat rate only seems to have "ONE price" and doesn't permit me to add a drop down selection for multiple types of shipping.

I MUST figure out a way to do this.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast