I have Zen Cart 1.3.8a; Database Patch Level: 1.3.8.

My old site was hacked (on Bluehost - alexiscreations.net - not yet shut down) & I've had to have a new one built on Hostgator - alexiscreationsonline.com. It is a Designer Dog Clothes website. I sell as a website to regular customers, as well as to Wholesale and Dropship customers. The smaller sizes are the base price and the larger size items have an add'l fabric charge.

The old site had this capability:
base item was discounted by groups (WS-50% or DS-30%), but the attribute price was then added on AFTER the discount was applied.

Example:
Base item was $20, with $15 being added for an XXL size.
The WS disc was 50%, so pricing was:
$20 x .50 = $10 + $15 = $25 - so customer was charged $25 for the item.

The new website is adding both base price & XXL size charge together and THEN Discounting:
$20 + $15 = $35 x .50 = $17.50

My Programmer insists the old site software discount function isn't available in the newer Zen Cart Software Versions. I feel I should be clicking on some attribute buttons, or entering something somewhere to make it work the way it did on the old website.

[I have spent hours trying to click this button & that, etc., but to no avail. So, I"m now in the process of repricing all the additional fabric sizes, so that when the base price & large size price are added together & discounted, it will be close to what it would have been with the old pricing.

BUT, this is making the larger fabric charges border on outrageous for any regular customers that may want to buy from me but get no discounts.]

Is this possible with the current Zen Cart software? Can I have the base price only discounted with the additional attribute charge added after the discount is applied? If so, what do I need to do on each item - in the attribute area????

[I'm not a programmer/developer or know much code - I know enough to make the changes I need to & probably know enough to be dangerous, but that's about it. So if there's some where I need to add code, please be specific about how to get to that place, where to place it & detailed words/code I need to add in.]

Thanks, Robin