Plugin Contributions

Default shipping and handling

Hello everyone,

I have looked and haven't found an answer to this problem. I have "handling" charges and want to see the check out show "shipping and handling" but currently it only shows shipping and makes it look like the shipping is high. Is there a way to show the handling too?

thanks for the help,
    crabdance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping and handling

The two are combined in the amount ... however you could change the text on the shipping module to include the word(s) for Handling Fee ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The two are combined in the amount ... however you could change the text on the shipping module to include the word(s) for Handling Fee ...
    Hi Ajeh,
    Thanks for writing. I've searched using the developers tool kit and don't seem to find where to edit a file to show that it's "shipping and handling". Can you point me in a direction? Thanks for your help

Plugin Contributions

What shipping module are you using?

The language files are all in the:
    /includes/english/modules/shipping
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hey all,

I'm new to Zen Cart, have a problem on Shipping too, i wanted to make the rates like;

• Below 40g - $1
    • 41g ~ 100g - $1.50
    • 101g ~ 250g - $2

How am i suppose to do that in Zen Cart? I'm tried to search for a solution but can't find any

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Shipping charges are configured in:-

ADMIN PANEL>>>MODULES>>>SHIPPING

Here you will see a variety of options that you can use to scope out your shipping calculations.

From your post, it would appear that you need to invoke TABLE RATE and/or ZONE RATES.

Table Rate would be used for one REGION (Country or Zone), whereas Zone Rates are used when you ship internationally.

Let's assume you are trying to configure shipping for your own country, in which TABLE RATE is invoked.

Open Table Rate module to EDIT, then, follow the instructions for each of the settings as described in the edit screen. If you want the rates you set to be available to ALL shoppers - regardless of their location (country), then leave the Shipping Zone setting to --none-- .

Otherwise, select the ZONE you have set up for your local marketplace. This will make the Table Rate shipping option available ONLY to shoppers who are resident in that zone (determined by the ADDRESS they use when they sign up, or select when they go through checkout.)

So, if you restrict Table Rate to "USA", a shopper who is resident in France (FR) will not be able to select that shipping option.

If you wish to have different rates for different countries/zones, then use the ZONE RATES module, and configure it in the same way, by specifying the ISO Country Codes applicable to each set of rates. It is likely that in this module, you would configure your zones to EXCLUDE your home market region, as thius region is already covered by the Table Rates module.

Make sure that all modules you wish to use are ACTIVE (set to "true").

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What shipping module are you using?

The language files are all in the:
    /includes/english/modules/shipping
    Hi Ajeh,
    Thanks for getting back with me. I'm using USPS. I will look in the directory that you suggested to see if I can find the file(s) that I need.

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I'm also looking for a way to change from Shipping as the descriptor to something like "Delivery Method" or "Delivery or Shipping" or "Delivery via:"

(looked through language files and could not find where to change it)

I'm using Ceon's Advanced Shipping module. On the checkout pages it shows Shipping (Hand Delivery from East Hanover NJ ($16.00)): $16.00 - since this is Hand Delivery I want to either change or eliminate the descriptor "Shipping" on checkout_shipping and checkout_payment and checkout_confirmation pages. This would follow to account_history_info and email notifiers.

Thanks!!

PS - cart is not live to the public as yet but can be found at www.cookiebaskets.com/index.php

Plugin Contributions

oops - never mind - finally found it....
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/advshipper.php