Default Need Customers to upload Artwork...

[FONT="Arial"]Hi All,[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"]I installed Zen on my website, http://www.mountvernonbanners.com . I am going to sell printed banners. The site is under construction right now...

I will probably be redirecting the customer to a page where they can upload the artwork for the banner after they make payment at PayPal, but I will need to track what image uploaded belongs to which order, I don't want it to be confusing...

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should do this?

Thanks in advance fellow Zenners!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Customers to upload Artwork...

Add "file" type attributes to your products. These are designed to allow the customer to upload a file of the specified type when ordering. This will be associated automatically with the order.

See the tutorials for more info.

Thank you gjh42 for that quick response to what for you probably sounded like a dumb request.

That "Add File Attribute" works ok. Personally, I wish it was designed to come up after payment but hey, it is what it is.

I added it to this 24 x 48 test product

I'd like to add a few more upload boxes, so that a customer ordering multiple banners with different images can do so, or a customer with a double sided laminated poster or flyer or business card can give me all the images at one time.

can I copy and paste this image upload form a couple of times over?
    Last edited by mountvernonbanners; 11 Oct 2009 at 08:58 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I see you have added some other file upload attributes to your test product already.
    A few questions to help you organize the presentation: Are these banners all black on white? If not, how will your customers tell you which image is supposed to be green and which one is supposed to be blue? Will double-sided or multi-color banners be listed under the same product id, or will they have separate identities?

If someone is ordering several identical banners, just having a quantity box and one or two file uploads and color choices will work fine. If someone wants two of one design and one of another, asking them to upload the first image twice, or tell you verbally which one to duplicate, seem like poor solutions. They can order as many of one version of a product as they want in one "add to cart" operation, then go back and add another set of options; the two non-identical versions of the same product will appear separately in the order. (There is or has been a bug in the logic that can sometimes mess this up, but it can be avoided by displaying the options in a certain order. If you run into this, search in the forum for the solution.)

In summary, my general advice is to have only one or two file uploads (depending on number of sides the product may have) per product page to make order variations simpler.